Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 08:23 PM)
I had some in Kuwait once and it was tooooooooooo strong. Tasted like hot urine (or what I imagine hot urine tastes like).

It's the best, purest tasting coffee there is. And if you're a wimp, a teaspoon of sugar solves everything. A nice, hot cup of Turkish coffee will cure ANY headache.

And to be precise, I drank Serbian coffee, which is prepared slightly differently than the normal Turkish procedure. The Serbian preparation is considerably stronger than the Turkish version, as it is allowed to boil more than once to release more caffeine and flavor.

Saw Lauren Graham on Letterman tonight. I didn't really know who she was other than the fact she was in the Gilmore Girls (which I didn't even watch), and I still don't know anymore about her now, but damn! Girl turns 42 in March and looks absolutely amazing for that age. I had no idea until I just now wikipedia'd her how old she was, I'd have guessed she is in her late 20's based on how she looked on Letterman (and I was watching in HD too). I know a lot of these people have some amazing techniques in Hollywood to defy age, but most of them are pretty obvious. Not in this case.

I bought my old man a Sony Blu-ray player for Christmas in 07'. He calls me yesterday saying that the last 3 blurays he recieved from Netflix (The Hulk twice,Wanted) hasnt worked on his blu ray player saying there was some sort of error that came up. Is there a way he can upgrade the technology in it so it will be suited to play some of the newer disks? Or is that even the problem,IDK.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 08:52 AM)
I bought my old man a Sony Blu-ray player for Christmas in 07'. He calls me yesterday saying that the last 3 blurays he recieved from Netflix (The Hulk twice,Wanted) hasnt worked on his blu ray player saying there was some sort of error that came up. Is there a way he can upgrade the technology in it so it will be suited to play some of the newer disks? Or is that even the problem,IDK.

Is the warranty up?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
Saw Lauren Graham on Letterman tonight. I didn't really know who she was other than the fact she was in the Gilmore Girls (which I didn't even watch), and I still don't know anymore about her now, but damn! Girl turns 42 in March and looks absolutely amazing for that age. I had no idea until I just now wikipedia'd her how old she was, I'd have guessed she is in her late 20's based on how she looked on Letterman (and I was watching in HD too). I know a lot of these people have some amazing techniques in Hollywood to defy age, but most of them are pretty obvious. Not in this case.

I still remember here from the Speed Dial episode from Seinfeld.

"Seinfeld, you magnificent bastard!!!!"

She does look very good for her age though indeed.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
I thought Blu-Ray could do firmware updates? Or maybe the older models don't.

I thought so too, I know there was an issue with some of the first models that were coming out but I bought my dads in 07' which isnt that long ago. A little over a year old shouldnt be outdated to the extent that you cant use the damn thing anymore.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 09:22 AM)
I thought so too, I know there was an issue with some of the first models that were coming out but I bought my dads in 07' which isnt that long ago. A little over a year old shouldnt be outdated to the extent that you cant use the damn thing anymore.

http://www.blu-ray.com/firmware/

Or visit Sony's website.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 13, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
I hate glue traps.

Better to use the snap traps in a paper lunch bag.

Then, they're dead, and you can fold up the paper bag and put it in your trash dumpster.

You would think that mouse traps would be one of the first things a mouses parents would teach them about when theyre young. Like how we have DARE. For decades those things have doomed their existence and they just cant seem to figure it out.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
You would think that mouse traps would be one of the first things a mouses parents would teach them about when theyre young. Like how we have DARE. For decades those things have doomed their existence and they just cant seem to figure it out.

Yeah, it could be called:

Teach

Rodents

About

Perils

:bang

So about a month ago I went to the dermatologist to have two moles removed because they'd been getting bigger and bigger in the past few years. They basically numb the area and slice that chunk of flesh out with a knife. They did a biopsy on them and luckily they are not cancerous.

Here's where it gets weird.

One of them has healed nicely, the other one has grown back. Same size, same shape, same texture and almost the same color as before. In about two weeks it will look exactly like it did before I had it removed.

Should I be concerned??

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
I dont know about you guys, but it seems like every page I am on now, CNN, suntimes, espn, SI, etc, all feature this NASTY AD and I am sick of looking at it!

Yup. I would love to know how much it costs to advertise like that.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
I dont know about you guys, but it seems like every page I am on now, CNN, suntimes, espn, SI, etc, all feature this NASTY AD and I am sick of looking at it!

I've noticed the exact same thing. I've seen it on smaller websites and well as big ones like you mentioned. It's definitely overkill.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 1, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
I've noticed the exact same thing. I've seen it on smaller websites and well as big ones like you mentioned. It's definitely overkill.

I just clicked on an article on Noah Wylie's last appearance on ER, and there a was a photo montage to skip throigh, and that hideous ad was next to every picture.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 31, 2009 -> 03:16 AM)
So about a month ago I went to the dermatologist to have two moles removed because they'd been getting bigger and bigger in the past few years. They basically numb the area and slice that chunk of flesh out with a knife. They did a biopsy on them and luckily they are not cancerous.

Here's where it gets weird.

One of them has healed nicely, the other one has grown back. Same size, same shape, same texture and almost the same color as before. In about two weeks it will look exactly like it did before I had it removed.

Should I be concerned??

that is weird as hell. I'd atleast have the dermatologist check it out again just because it's such a weird case. It's probably not anything, but I've never had that happen. I've had problems with moles for years and have the battle scars to prove it - I get terrible keloids whenever I have moles removed - but I keep it under control and get them checked out atleast every year and sometimes twice a year. I'm the whitest guy you know in every regard you want to think about, because my chest hasn't seen the sun in about 3 years.

Anyways, that just sounds strange. You should be good though.