2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
If the Marlins offered Hanley for Slayer straight up, would you do it?

Please say yes. This time last year, the idea of Quentin for Lincecum came up, and everyone said you had to keep TCQ.

I would drive Beckham to Florida.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 02:28 PM)
If the Marlins offered Hanley for Slayer straight up, would you do it?

Please say yes. This time last year, the idea of Quentin for Lincecum came up, and everyone said you had to keep TCQ.

What kind of question is that? Of course...

To make room for both newly acquired players on the 25-man roster, the Nationals optioned outfielder Elijah Dukes to Triple-A Syracuse on Wednesday morning.

Dukes hit .244 with six home runs and 30 RBIs this season for Washington. With Morgan set to have an everyday role and Josh Willingham hitting .400 in his last 19 games entering Wednesday, Dukes was simply going to become the odd man out in Washington's outfield rotation.

"It's strictly a baseball move," Acta said. "He was not going to get playing time here. ... We don't want to have him up here and not play him."

link

here is his line for the year

.244/.308/.415 .723

career line

.237/.345/.435 .780

Hes 25 and plays a CF i doubt it would take too much to get him.

I'll pass.... I'll take chances on players who've had trouble with the law, but if you looked up the word scumbag in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of Dukes. This guy doesn't just beat women, he threatens to kill them. Not only that, but he can't keep it in his pants and likes to have a lot of illegimate children.

Hell, even if this was football, I might take a chance on Dukes. But it's a lot easier to get away with an a-hole on your team in football than it is in baseball, IMO.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:10 PM)
ick, I wonder how many teams are going to have to do this

This is going to be a big problem around professional sports for the near future. People may slam the Sox for being cheap, but they are going to be in a position to take advantage of teams who need to dump money in a hurry.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
This is going to be a big problem around professional sports for the near future. People may slam the Sox for being cheap, but they are going to be in a position to take advantage of teams who need to dump money in a hurry.

Even more so in the NBA.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:57 AM)
The Dodgers offense just transforms with Manny in the lineup. What was their record without Manny by the way? Anyway, it's them and then everybody else in that wack ass league.

30-22, I believe

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
The Dodgers offense just transforms with Manny in the lineup. What was their record without Manny by the way? Anyway, it's them and then everybody else in that wack ass league.

Without him, there's just a little bit of estrogen missing from them.

Man-Ram goes yard.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 03:17 PM)
What kind of question is that? Of course...

That's funny, because like I said, last year that question came up and everyone was saying how good TCQ was going to be and how Lincecum's arm was going to fall off.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Man-Ram goes yard.

That's funny, because like I said, last year that question came up and everyone was saying how good TCQ was going to be and how Lincecum's arm was going to fall off.

I was talking more about the Hanley for Beckham deal.

I don't know if I would have traded Q for Lincecum last season. If you ask now, most people would say yes, but that's obvious.