Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 11:49 AM)
let's not talk about the help the pack received week 1

The Bears couldn't play worse offensively that game and still were a minute and a half from winning at their house yet they act like they handed our asses to us.

Not to overlook Detroit but I got a nice feeling we'll be 3-1 heading into our bye week :headbang

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
By the way,Cutler has done the job late in all 3 games driving the Bears to scoring drives,unfortunatly our D couldn't get us the win in week 1.

I would put that on Mannelly's ill-advised snap over the defense any time. Jennings may have blown past Payne for the game winner, but they shouldnt of been in the position to make a quick strike like that

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)
Blaming the D in any way for Week 1's loss is silly, that was on the offense and all the turnovers.

I pin the loss on 4 individuals, Nate Vasher/Kevin Payne on the blown coverage, Patrick Mannelly for the horrible decision making, and Lovie Smith for the horrible timeout management.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 07:10 AM)
Qwest Field = coolest and loudest NFL stadium.

For all the talk about the 12th man, it definitely was the loudest stadium I ever heard, although some of it is a bit cheesy, like the free sodas for 3 false start penalties. Its amazing how in sync an offense has to be to only have 3 false start penalties when you basically cant hear anything on the field. Awesome road game to be at and thank you Devin Hester for shutting up the 12th man at the end. Definitely a good amount of Bears fans at the game.

As long as we dont screw anything up Sunday, will be nice to be 3-1 heading into the bye. The two weeks after, there are road games at ATL & the suddenly relevant Bengals. Also still have road games at SF, BAL & the Vikings this season.

They had the rankings for most false start penalties caused since 2005, and Soldier Field was 3rd behind Qwest & the Metrodome.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 07:35 AM)
I have the Cowboys and Texans D in fantasy. After Dallas pisses me off for 2 weeks, I play Houston. Now, it comes back to f*** me.

Why you would draft either lol?

Texans have been shredded vs the run this year, playing their defense that was up against one of the best RBs in the league is rather foolish no offense.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 07:35 AM)
I have the Cowboys and Texans D in fantasy. After Dallas pisses me off for 2 weeks, I play Houston. Now, it comes back to f*** me.

Ha. San Diego's D pissed me off the first two weeks and played Atlanta's this week. Talked about getting f***ed

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 07:36 AM)
For all the talk about the 12th man, it definitely was the loudest stadium I ever heard, although some of it is a bit cheesy, like the free sodas for 3 false start penalties. Its amazing how in sync an offense has to be to only have 3 false start penalties when you basically cant hear anything on the field. Awesome road game to be at and thank you Devin Hester for shutting up the 12th man at the end. Definitely a good amount of Bears fans at the game.

As long as we dont screw anything up Sunday, will be nice to be 3-1 heading into the bye. The two weeks after, there are road games at ATL & the suddenly relevant Bengals. Also still have road games at SF, BAL & the Vikings this season.

They had the rankings for most false start penalties caused since 2005, and Soldier Field was 3rd behind Qwest & the Metrodome.

It definitley was. I saw the Bears play in Indy last year, and I figured Qwest had no chance to match the noise. Well, it did.

It's hard to believe how Soldier Field was #3. I noticed that, too. Being a Bears STH, it's such a huge difference in crowd noise. You could hear a pin-drop in Soldier Field compared to Qwest. Last year, when the Bears had that violent game against Tampa, that was the loudest I've heard it, but even that wasn't close to Lucas Oil or Qwest.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2009 -> 08:36 AM)

Loudest stadium overall, or loudest pro stadium? I cannot imagine it being as loud as many of the 100k+ college stadiums.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)
Loudest stadium overall, or loudest pro stadium? I cannot imagine it being as loud as many of the 100k+ college stadiums.

As an Illini grad, i dont have much to compare it with, as there were only a few games where our stadium could even be considered "loud". I've been to Iowa & ND, but those are smaller and dont compare loudness wise. I would agree, I'd think a stadium like Happy Valley with 100k+ peeps, and many of them young college students, would seem to be louder than a smaller stadium like Qwest, although I guess the stadium dynamics could play in effect on that as well

The thing is, those 100,000 stadiums aren't really built to keep in the noise the way Qwest, or, obviously Lucas Oil's is.

In fact, when Soldier Field Toilet Redux was being built one of the pluses was it was going to hold in noise much, much better than the old design.

QUOTE (Wedge @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
I've been to a number of college football 100k+ stadiums. Easily the loudest is Neyland Stadium (UT).

Neyland gets very loud. The loudest I've ever heard the stadium was after the UT-South Carolina game 2 years ago when UT won b/c Ryan Succop missed a FG that would have tied it up. I was having to yell to talk to my brother who was standing next to me. It was crazy.