Sox at Tigers April 15th game thread 12:05 scheduled first pitch

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't deserve to win this game, honestly.

We really didn't deserve to win Monday's game with all those walks, either.

The only way he can win this game is with homers or beating their pen.

We turn that DP or we have an average RFer in terms of speed and we're out of that inning. It doesn't show up as an error in the box score, but it prolongs the inning and gives Polanco another pitch to take advantage of, and Polanco won't fail twice in one game with runners in scoring position. Not against the White Sox at least.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:44 PM)
Bad pitch by Jose, but awful pitch calling by AJ. Totally ignored the inside part of the zone against a hitter who was diving out over the plate the entire at bat.

Polanco is a guy you pound in. Throwing him away pitches is dumb.

Me neither, I've been shocked at how many people were on board, everybody keeps saying he hasn't gotten his shot, yet we've seen this so many times

It's like no one on this board notices Wise and Owens can't hit, either... until we find a "legit" CF/leadoff hitter BA should be out there, period.

Oh, typical. Jose pitches pretty wlel all game and as usual we miss offensive opportunities. That's what we get for scoring 10 the other day, I suppose.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
It sucks knowing that with an extra 10 mil to spend, we could have signed Hudson to play 2B and have Swisher in CF this season. Those two holes are so glaring.

Would never want Swisher in CF.

Hudson in CF would have been fine with me...although I don't think he would have signed here in the tougher league and having to play a new position on a one year contract while waiting for the economy to improve.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
And when the Sox traded Sweeney most thought he sucked. Its funny how 1 AB gets everyone to pounce on BA. I knew and everyone knew it would happen if he fanned. If he doubled, some of the same people beating him to a pulp right now, saying how he has a bad swing and will never have one, would be saying he's a talented guy who may be coming around. It was 1 AB. Everyone in the White Sox line-up has struck out it the same situation many times. This board overreacts about everything.

I think most of us realized Sweeney would never be a major league star and Swisher had the chance to be one so the deal was worth it. Plus Sweeney had wrist injuries and problems throughout his minor league career. As a whole though, no one could deny Sweeney's tools and the beauty of his swing (even though his swing was actually better 3 years ago than it is today, haha). They made adjustments to try and get him to hit for a bit more power and he struggled with the adjustments for quite a while.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 15, 2009 -> 07:47 PM)
Would never want Swisher in CF.

Hudson in CF would have been fine with me...although I don't think he would have signed here in the tougher league and having to play a new position on a one year contract while waiting for the economy to improve.

How about this one...Swisher is better defensively in CF than Pods, no doubt about it.