Peavy Rejects Sox Offer; Deal Now Dead

rokimar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
If Peavy was speaking to Linebrink last night this deal has to be imminent and it doesn't make any sense for the Sox to keep the offer on the table after he pitches tomorrow. I expect a yes/no by the end of the day.

MLB teams have leaks all over the place, it could be someone approached him informally and gave him a heads up and he contacted Linebrink.

This is strange. I know this guy broke the story last night, but all other media outlets have supposedly confirmed that a deal is already in place pending Peavy's approval. I wonder if Peavy is rejecting the deal, but to save face for the Sox, they'll try to say there was never a deal in the first place.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ May 21, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
This is strange. I know this guy broke the story last night, but all other media outlets have supposedly confirmed that a deal is already in place pending Peavy's approval. I wonder if Peavy is rejecting the deal, but to save face for the Sox, they'll try to say there was never a deal in the first place.

if this is true Peavy = (i)

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
it's odd that ESPN 1000 haven't changed their updates and in the one 2 minutes ago didn't include the SD paper report that it's not going down and just said everyone is still waiting on Peavy

Crasnick is talking it down. f***.

11:31am: Brock talked to Peavy's agent Barry Axelrod. Axelrod hasn't spoken to Peavy yet today, but was asked by the Padres "about Jake's feeling about the possibility of (playing for) the White Sox."

So wait a minute here. This s*** is all over the f***ing sports news, all over the radio in Chicago and San Diego, all over ESPN, and Peavy hasn't even talked to his agent?!?!

That is completely f***ing ridiculous. Whether he comes or not, they had to have spoken about this.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ May 21, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
Dont know if this has been said yet, but whitesox.com say the deal is done and waiting on peavy... that has to mean a deal is in place right???

Padres site too. The official team sites have to hold more weight than a SD paper, right?

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 21, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
lol, well, the report makes it seem like it never got to the point he was approached to waive

It could be that they just don't want it out there they had a deal and Peavy killed it. This is a Groundhog Day version of the Soriano to the White Sox talk in 2006 where it went from immiment to never really that close.