Name a state that the US could do without

jasonxctf

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 12:06 AM)
Utah (sorry BigEdWalsh)

That's ok. I woulda thought the same until I moved here. Yeah, there's a lot of National Parks, mountains, it's actually rather pretty out here.

I vote for Rhode Island and Nebraska. Have you ever driven through Nebraska? Good god! ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz Much the same could be said for Nevada, a whole lotta nuthin'. Come to think of it, it's probably at the top of my list. I've been to Vegas and don't care if I never go again.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 01:50 PM)
Um, North Dakota. Is anything there?

I know a girl from the Army who had huge boobs. But she had a reduction and now she's just a 36C. So yeah, almost had something there. Not quite.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
I know a girl from the Army who had huge boobs. But she had a reduction and now she's just a 36C. So yeah, almost had something there. Not quite.

pichers1.jpg

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
Indiana: Basketball players

Idaho: Taters

Missouri: The Cardinals are 3 games up on the Cubs

Michigan: the Chevy Volt

Kansas: the song "Dust in the wind"

California: keeps the rest of your taxes low

Alabama: the Birmingham Barons

Iowa: Corn

West Virginia: only place in the country mining companies are allowed to totally destroy.

Utah: 6 national parks.

New Mexico: who else is going to build your A-bombs?

Montana: Glacier and the Beartooths. Seriously, drive through them.

Mississippi: storage compartment for unused letter "S"'s.

Arkansas: Frankly, I got nothing. Don't they have some hot springs?

What? Need something?

I would vote for the panhandle of Florida. In fact, screw 'em, let's dump it. Can someone inform FlaSoxx before we do, tho...

...on second thought..... :ph34r:

Actually Hawaii and all the territories. I wonder how much we could get for them? Seriously, when was the last time a territory, state, or country was sold? Imagine today picking up the Louisianan Territory.

Let's pay for health care by selling Hawaii!

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 06:17 AM)
Actually Hawaii and all the territories. I wonder how much we could get for them? Seriously, when was the last time a territory, state, or country was sold? Imagine today picking up the Louisianan Territory.

Best I can come up with is panama or hong kong but those weren't sold really

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 01:12 AM)
Best I can come up with is panama or hong kong but those weren't sold really

Shortly after the wall crumbled and the USSR did the same, Japan offered to buy Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands (which Japan had at one time owned anyway) from Russia in exchange for a whole lot of money. Seemed like an win-win deal to me, given Russia's extreme lack of capital and Japan's extreme lack of natural resources and real estate. But alas, Russia felt such an act would hurt their national defense, so they opted not to do it.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 12, 2009 -> 12:17 AM)

sell Hawaii and pay off the national debt.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)
sell Hawaii and pay off the national debt.

its funny you mention that.. i've thought of that idea a few times (not selling Hawaii but selling other territories) check out the list..

Unincorporated organized territories

Guam

Northern Mariana Islands (commonwealth)

Puerto Rico (commonwealth)

United States Virgin Islands

Unincorporated unorganized territories

American Samoa, technically unorganized, but self-governing under a constitution last revised in 1967

Baker Island, uninhabited

Howland Island, uninhabited

Jarvis Island, uninhabited

Johnston Atoll, uninhabited

Kingman Reef, uninhabited

Bajo Nuevo Bank, uninhabited (claimed by Jamaica and several other Central American countries)

Serranilla Bank, uninhabited (claimed by Colombia)

Midway Islands, uninhabited, currently included in the Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge

Navassa Island, uninhabited (claimed by Haiti)

Wake Atoll consisting of Peale, Wake and Wilkes Islands[4], no indigenous inhabitants, only contractor personnel (claimed by the Marshall Islands)

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
its funny you mention that.. i've thought of that idea a few times (not selling Hawaii but selling other territories) check out the list..

Guam

American Samoa, technically unorganized, but self-governing under a constitution last revised in 1967

Bajo Nuevo Bank, uninhabited (claimed by Jamaica and several other Central American countries)

Midway Islands, uninhabited, currently included in the Midway Atoll National Wildlife Refuge

Wake Atoll consisting of Peale, Wake and Wilkes Islands[4], no indigenous inhabitants, only contractor personnel (claimed by the Marshall Islands)

I'll bet most of those unihabited islands glow in the dark.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)

Guam

f*** it, sell those too. we don't need em