Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 07:36 PM)
Unless a team has much better athletes, NU will stick around in a half court game.

Their half court defense has been awesome the last 3 games against major conference foes. NU is really doing what they need to in non-conference so far to give themselves a shot at a tourney spot.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 30, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
It should be close, but I still like the ACC. The Big Ten doesn't look as deep as it should have been. I think Northwestern and Minnesota win, but Michigan State loses.

Northwestern won and Penn State's win put the Big Ten is solid shape. Purdue will make it 3-0 Big Ten, but it could easily finish 3-3 by the end of the night. As far as I'm concerned, at this point, the Big Ten doesn't need Michigan State to win for the Big Ten to win.

Indiana-Maryland is going to end up being really close.

I havent been that impressed with Maryland.

I just have no confidence in the Wisconsin-Duke game tomorrow, even if its at the Kohl center. Duke has looked really good, and Wisconsin hasnt really meshed at all yet.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
Northwestern won and Penn State's win put the Big Ten is solid shape. Purdue will make it 3-0 Big Ten, but it could easily finish 3-3 by the end of the night. As far as I'm concerned, at this point, the Big Ten doesn't need Michigan State to win for the Big Ten to win.

Not surprised with the start of the ACC/Big 10 Challenge. I was hoping UVA could pull off a win but they really suck. If Maryland loses then its over.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
This Carolina game is out of control. Great atmosphere, incredible players, great tempo.

And Dickie V sucking off UNC.

John Henson must have an 8 foot wingspan. I dont think I've seen someone that long.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Dec 1, 2009 -> 09:58 PM)
Goodness, this is by far the best UNC has played this year. I almost feel bad for MSU.

Your guards are playing well tonight and with that frontcourt when Drew and Strickland play well you are going to be incredibly tough to beat.

Michigan State at North Carolina - I don't think this one will be close, UNC is still better even without Lawson and Ty.

Like I said above, UNC should blowout Mich. St.

It might look close towards the end but the game won't be close during the game.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

Great job by the Heels last night. Back to back games where Drew looks confident, which can bode well if he becomes solid at running the show, with theit solid front line. He has begun to knock down three's as well, but still need others to step up in that area. Damn, the Heels just own Michigan State though. Even going back to romping them in the final four during the glorious Felton/May/McCants title year. Still don't see them going on the road to beat Kentucky or Texas yet, but who knows. They need to develop some killer instinct too, let Ohio State creep back in after dominating as well.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

I'm a huge fan of Izzo and the MSU program but...

when was the last time MSU won a meaningful pre-conference game? Seems like they always have a craptastic dud of a game against an inferior opponent and also a loss to a quality opponent that they should contend with. Obviously by the end of the season, when it matters, they turn it on. Just strange though that they never seem as ready out of the gate.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)

when was the last time MSU won a meaningful pre-conference game? Seems like they always have a craptastic dud of a game against an inferior opponent and also a loss to a quality opponent that they should contend with. Obviously by the end of the season, when it matters, they turn it on. Just strange though that they never seem as ready out of the gate.

They've beaten pretty good Texas teams the last 2 years...

MSU just doesnt play UNC well.

I think its because MSU loves to push the pace, which plays right into what UNC wants to do. Many teams cant handle MSU's style, but it just doesnt effect UNC at all. In fact many times youll see UNC push the pace faster than even MSU would like.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 10:38 AM)

I always think they are overrated during the regular season and then in the tourney when I pick them to lose they go several rounds. Izzo is just a good coach.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 2, 2009 -> 11:14 AM)
Who you guys got tonight: Alcorn State or Kansas? The Braves are off to a very impressive 0-9 start with their closest loss coming by 15 points. This could be a tough one for Jimbo's Jayhawks.

We are calling this game the RPI Killer!

I will post Xavier Henry stats as usual after the game.

Very happy to see the Boilermakers led by E'twaun Moore droping another 22 points play a solid second half to pull away from Wake. I like the talent on Wake, but Guadio (spelling) seems to be lost in meshing that talent. Love Ish Smith 's quickness with the athhleticism to run the court if he can get them all on the same page.

Anyway Purdue looks like a seasoned team, that should be tough to deal with in the Big 11, even with the loss of Lew Jack.

Edited by JuiceCruz16