2016 Olympics

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly dont mean to turn this into a political fight. My apologies if it heads that way as a result of my post. it certainly wasnt meant to spark a partisan debate. I just found it interesting that the White House has to DEFEND bring the Olympics to America. I never thought I'd see a day when bringing the Olympics to America was a bad, evil, partisan thing.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 12:03 PM)
I'm not even sure Chicago will win. To be honest, I don't know what to think.

The Chicago organizers are pretty confident they are getting it.

The university where I work is supposed to host a couple of events if they get it and today there were people measuring for construction.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 07:08 PM)
The Chicago organizers are pretty confident they are getting it.

The university where I work is supposed to host a couple of events if they get it and today there were people measuring for construction.

The process is so crazy. Its hard to say. I really, really hope we do, but reading about how the voting works, and some of the past votes... who knows.

Anyone going to the rally in the Daley Center? Maybe they'll have an Oprah-style flash mob if we win.

And remember, hosting the Olympics is a small fraternity of cities. Chicago, like it or not, will always be considered an "Olympic City" which is an impressive feat (if not a mostly empty title).