Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields

pmcochr

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
What scenario would you rather have?

3B Beltre

SS Ramirez

2B Beckham

or

3B Beckham

SS Ramirez

2B Polanco

Just curious.

Adrian Beltre is one of the most valuable players in baseball IMO and I could easily see Polanco completely falling apart next season.

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
What scenario would you rather have?

3B Beltre

SS Ramirez

2B Beckham

or

3B Beckham

SS Ramirez

2B Polanco

Just curious.

This one because Beltre is probably the better bet to come on a 1-year deal. But the problem then becomes, how do we pay him when we just added $4M to Teahen? We've now got about $28.5-30M committed to Konerko, Jenks, Linebrink, and Teahen. No es bueno.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:38 AM)
People realize Polanco had a mediocre year at the plate and on the bases in '09 and is not 34 years old, right? 2B typically go down hill very fast especially when they reach their mid 30's.

Age is my only concern with Polanco. He's incredibly baseball smart and hit's well with RISP. We need more of that.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
This one because Beltre is probably the better bet to come on a 1-year deal. But the problem then becomes, how do we pay him when we just added $4M to Teahen? We've now got about $28.5-30M committed to Konerko, Jenks, Linebrink, and Teahen. No es bueno.

Why even worry about payroll at this point ? Either the Sox will increase payroll or dump a guy making beaucoup bucks . You know more is happening so stay tuned , we got all winter.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:49 PM)
Age is my only concern with Polanco. He's incredibly baseball smart and hit's well with RISP. We need more of that.

Split stats like that fluctuate greatly from year to year, you can't acquire players based on their numbers with RISP. Did you know Polanco hit .278 w/ RISP and .258 w/ RISP and 2 out in '08?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:50 AM)
Beckham leads off. Beckham, Rios Nix, Ramirez, and Pods steal bases.

Beckham

Rios

Q

I'm really not a fan of the opening of that lineup. Becks just doesn't belong in the leadoff slot; you're going to cost him so many RBI opportunities by putting him there. As written now we don't have a better option, but that is something we need to fix somehow.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 10:55 AM)
I know I'm incredibly late on this, but that would make this move pretty good. I'm just wondering if we picked up a guy who only hits well against us. And might this make Dye our DH?

If he's re-signed sure, but I still doubt he will be.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
I'm really not a fan of the opening of that lineup. Becks just doesn't belong in the leadoff slot; you're going to cost him so many RBI opportunities by putting him there. As written now we don't have a better option, but that is something we need to fix somehow.

I like Beckham at the 3 hole.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
The White Sox MLB site only addresses this trade with a question mark and the Royals G. M. is not confirming this deal. Does anyone know if this trade is confirmed by anyone other than the N. Y. Times and Cowley?

I think it's interesting that Scott Reifert has yet to confirm anything via Twitter, given that he works for the White Sox he needs to wait for front office confirmation before announcing anything.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
I think it's interesting that Scott Reifert has yet to confirm anything via Twitter, given that he works for the White Sox he needs to wait for front office confirmation before announcing anything.

Yea i'm with Kalapse here... i think something isn't being said yet for a reason... im getting the feeling that this trade isnt just teahen for getz and fields... something else is coming our way or the players involved are incorrect...

I think it is either the Tribune or the Sun-Times saying the Sox confirmed this trade. Then they go on to say they think Beckham moves to 2B as Ozzie supposedly said he things GB can be a 2Bman? Apparently the team is never satisfied with what they put in place. Speculations runs rampant that Figgins will be signed to play 3B. Oh well.