Sox acquire Mark Teahen, $$$ for Getz/Fields

pmcochr

Callaspo

:prays:

I kinda dig it, havent looked at the whole thread so this has prob been brought up but.... the guys a sox killer which has me thinkin is it just the way the sox pitch him and set up for him on D that makes him a sox killer or do you guys think he just likes hitting in the cell....id like to think he just likes hitting in the cell so i like the trade, i have a funny feeling he can put the type of numbers he did in 06 which btw (im sure everyones already looked at this but oh well) were .290 18 69 70 runs in 109 games.

To throw out something else for you guys to ponder, beckham is like a god around here and his numbers (in 6 less games) were .270 14 63 58 runs(yes i know it was beckhams rookie . So its like why wouldnt you be stoked about this guy, yes his production has fell off but hes still young and playing on a team that is actually going somewhere i think he'll have the desire to play better.

im a numbers geek soooo lets say we look at that 06 season and if he would have played around 145 games which is his average over the past 3 years he woulda been on pace for 23 HR and 91 RBI.

so i for one am stoked to see what this guy can do in a sox uni. Im going to make my bold prediction now and say he hits .280 .333 OBP 20 HR 82 RBI

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man trades make people say crazy things. Lead off Beckham, putting Rios in the 2-hole, getting Alex Gordon. We have many months ahead, I guarantee this is the first of many moves made this offseason. KW knows that his starting rotation needs some support and he also knows that a youth movement is coming with the leadership that players like Beckham brings.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
Man trades make people say crazy things. Lead off Beckham, putting Rios in the 2-hole, getting Alex Gordon. We have many months ahead, I guarantee this is the first of many moves made this offseason. KW knows that his starting rotation needs some support and he also knows that a youth movement is coming with the leadership that players like Beckham brings.

If I would have told you last night we would make this trade today, you would have said I was saying crazy things...in fact, I've been predicting we would go after Teahan for 6 months now and people did say I was crazy.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)

I definitely think he's a middle order hitter, but if somehow the Sox can get another RBI/run producer, just total speculation and a wish of mine say Adam Dunn and his last year at 10m, I wouldn't mind seeing Gordon bat lead-off for 1 year.

I would rather have Gordon leading off in that scenario or even bringing Pods back cheaply to see if he can have another OK year. Stick Pods in left and have a rotation of Q, Dunn (or whatever run producer/power hitter) and PK between RF, 1b and DH...

Now, defensive questions and money exist, but Beckham at leadoff for 1 year, and 1 year only, isn't a terrible option in my book.

Run out:

GB 3b

Rios CF

Q RF

Dunn/Abreu DH (or similar player)

PK 1b

AJ C

Alexi SS

Teahen 2b

Pods LF

(or mix it up)

Now, that D might be a little scarier than the offensive potential, but that's a very good lineup

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (striker62704 @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
Abreu re-ups with Angels per MLBTR

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/11/ange...obby-abreu.html

Good thing we already got our LH power bat ;)

hahaha, OK, ignore that Abreu potential in my last post!!

No terms, I'll guess 2 years 18, with his incentive that would be a 3m raise from last year

Edited by SoxFan562004

I like this move, I love it if Teahen moves to 3rd, Ramirez back to 2B and Beckham to SS, then we go get another OF. Go get Figgins and Dunn or Polanco and Dunn, and I'd love our lineup...(Or Nick Johnson instead of Dunn)

OF Figgins

SS Beckham

OF Quentin

DH Dunn/Johnson

1B Konerko

C Pierzynski

OF Rios

2B Ramirez

3B Teahen

or

3B Beckham

2B Polanco

LF Quentin

DH Dunn/Johnson

1B Konerko

C Pierzynski

CF Rios

SS Ramirez

RF Teahen

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
When was he declared our leadoff hitter?

he hasn't been, but I agree with Thunder that as a one year only and I stress one year, he would be an acceptable option instead of a crappy player who has theoretical tools for leadoff but really can't play baseball very well (not singling any player past or present out specifically)

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
1. Pods-LF

2. Beckham-SS

3. Quentin-RF

4. Konerko-1B

5. ???-DH

6. Rios- CF

7. AJP-C

8. Ramirez-SS

9. Teahan-3B

personally, I would rather bat Beckham leadoff in that scenario and Pods 9th and that's just because statistically Pods had his 2nd best year of his career last year, and at his age I can't expect him to duplicate it

Edited by SoxFan562004

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Nov 5, 2009 -> 03:45 PM)
if you go pods/beckham (from 2009 numbers) theres a 58% chance that someone will start the game, on base for Quentin.

and with Pods, theres a 30% chance he'll be on 2B or 3B after he either gets a hit or walk. (1B w/SB, 2B, 3B)

Interesting that you have two shortstops in your lineup.