2010 Cubs Thread

knightni

zaughn had a 3-0 count with szamardzjia(sp) pitching and swings at the next pitch that was high and flies out, next guy gets a ball also and he swings at the next pitch and pops up. do they not know he cant throw strikes? and of course the 3rd batter walks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
I'm following on Gameday. But it does seem most of the Brewers hitters have no plate discipline whatsoever.

They will be at the top of the league in strikeouts. Guaranteed. Acquiring Carlos Gomez doesn't help that cause either.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
They will be at the top of the league in strikeouts. Guaranteed. Acquiring Carlos Gomez doesn't help that cause either.

He and Edmonds are platooning.

Zaun is an idiot. Edmonds at least looked like strikes.

At least I will not have to worry about getting stuck in cub traffic up here as this thing should drag on until at least 4:30.

How did the cat that has 9 strike outs in 4 innings not pitch yesterday before hawkins.

Please tell me LaTroy will not be pitching today!!

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Should of stuck to football, kiddo.

and he gives up a hr lol.....i dont care if the cubs even manage to win today,like they did the last two, theyre an awful team. theyll get their wins because the n.l. is bad and theres a lot of bad pitching(they get the 1-8 astros tomarrow), but theyre awful and thats not going to change.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
He would of gotten a lot more in the NFL draft.

Really? I don't think he'd have been anywhere near top 10, and I've gotten the impression that past #12 or so the guaranteed dollars are about that much. He'd have been in the same draft as Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarret, Ted Ginn, etc.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ano?eref=fromSI

a quick blurb from SI.com about the how bad Soriano is and possibility of Cubs trading or releasing him, the only thing I think of when I see this is the awesome trade scenarios some of the Cubs fans are going to come up with.... "Soriano for Pujols, that way the Cards can have a bat and not worry about signing him to the extension, we may have to throw in Fotenot though!!!"

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 10:44 AM)
No one is going to touch that contract unless a boatload of money gets thrown in with it.

oh yes, I agree, that's why I thought it was funny/odd that they include "trade" in the article... he may be done, but when has that stopped Cubs fans from dreaming!!

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ano?eref=fromSI

a quick blurb from SI.com about the how bad Soriano is and possibility of Cubs trading or releasing him, the only thing I think of when I see this is the awesome trade scenarios some of the Cubs fans are going to come up with.... "Soriano for Pujols, that way the Cards can have a bat and not worry about signing him to the extension, we may have to throw in Fotenot though!!!"

Release won't happen, with the money they'd owe. Maybe a trade where the Cubs cover some of the salary, or even a waiver leave.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
Any guesses as to who out there would even claim that contract?

It would more likely be a waiver claim leading to a money-giving trade. Only 3 or 4 teams in baseball would even consider a contract of that much money and years, but I don't think any of them have a need for Soriano.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
It would more likely be a waiver claim leading to a money-giving trade. Only 3 or 4 teams in baseball would even consider a contract of that much money and years, but I don't think any of them have a need for Soriano.

No one would put in the claim, because the Cubs would just let him go happily.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
No one would put in the claim, because the Cubs would just let him go happily.

There is a game to that. If a team makes the claim to sort of call dibs, then contacts the Cubs, I'd bet the Cubs would be open to discussing sending some money along with Soriano, if they got a little something back in trade.