Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:30 AM)
Young love is hilarious. We've all been there. Still doesn't make the above any less hilarious.

Move along, plenty of babes out there.

Hah, I thought the exact same thing while I was reading Joe's story on the s***ter this morning.

Thank goodness I am not dealing with that nonsense anymore.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 02:34 AM)
One of the biggest tips has got to be, to stop texting. This goes for the human race. F***ing talk to one another verbally already, enough misinterpretation happens that way as is, but it is clearly the better route of the two. Attention spans have just gotten worse as the technology gets better. Currently there is now a pill that's being worked on that if you take it, it's like you have just worked out. Naturally, the intention is for this to only be used by those that have a debilitating illness. We all know this will not end up being the case. It's weak, pathetic even. All of these shortcuts are just biting our society in the ass.

Well, I think you should still talk when you can talk...text when you can't.

QUOTE (elamins @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 06:52 AM)
Ya i was pretty shocked to say the least. It really came out of nowhere

My advice would be to take up a new hobby....find something relatively healthy to dive into...don't be a loser like Wite and drink your sorrows away ;)

Do you workout? Ride a bicycle? Do something to transform yourself and think about all the chicks you are going to nail that are much hotter than your ex as motivation...

When I was 23, my gf dumped me by telling me she had been seeing someone else behind my back for the past 4 months, and they were getting married. Imagine that 180 of emotions.

Took a long time to move on and it probably has effected me to this day. put up walls and haven't had a relationship longer than 4 months since then.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 07:54 AM)
When I was 23, my gf dumped me by telling me she had been seeing someone else behind my back for the past 4 months, and they were getting married. Imagine that 180 of emotions.

Took a long time to move on and it probably has effected me to this day. put up walls and haven't had a relationship longer than 4 months since then.

Did she actually marry this guy?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
Yup. Still living happily ever after. I still talk to her once in awhile. I was pretty naive back then.

Wow, that is not what I expected you to say...

Well, at least she is with someone that makes her happy and it wasn't some douchebag she hurt you over.

I have plenty of stuff to fill my plate between working out, softball, flag football and just social life in general. I have friends she had my friends so she is gonna cling to the first guy she talks to. I actually took it kinda well I think the hardest part was goin to get my stuff back and saying goodbye to her niece and nephew who I treated like my own kids.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
Wow, that is not what I expected you to say...

Well, at least she is with someone that makes her happy and it wasn't some douchebag she hurt you over.

Yeah. Looking back, she made the right decision, no matter how much I got hurt over it.

QUOTE (elamins @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 10:18 AM)
I have plenty of stuff to fill my plate between working out, softball, flag football and just social life in general. I have friends she had my friends so she is gonna cling to the first guy she talks to. I actually took it kinda well I think the hardest part was goin to get my stuff back and saying goodbye to her niece and nephew who I treated like my own kids.

It sucks, but keeping busy and social is a great idea. Keep busy.

QUOTE (elamins @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:18 PM)

Damn, what age group are you 2? Just curious. Think she's met somebody new? Sounds like you'll be fine.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)
My advice would be to take up a new hobby....find something relatively healthy to dive into...don't be a loser like Wite and drink your sorrows away ;)

Do you workout? Ride a bicycle? Do something to transform yourself and think about all the chicks you are going to nail that are much hotter than your ex as motivation...

Yeah doing something "new" is kind of a key, because otherwise there is a tendency to think about "her" whenever you do the things you used to. Many moons ago my long term girlfriend of 4 years broke my heart. For a while it was hard not to think about her every minute, then it became every hour, until 1 day, I just didnt really think about her all that much anymore.

Years later, it was probably the single best thing that she ever did. I can only speak for myself, but it wasnt easy, because it in some ways it turned my entire world upside down. You go from spending 19 hours a day for 3 years with a person, to gone.

Good luck.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
My girl is coming over to watch Fight Club tonight after her doctor's appointment. Everything went really well today at work. We texted all day, we talked a lot during breaks, we joked around and actually looked at each other, it was pretty much back to normal. Hopefully tonight goes well too.

What's the first rule of fight club?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 07:44 PM)
My girl is coming over to watch Fight Club tonight after her doctor's appointment. Everything went really well today at work. We texted all day, we talked a lot during breaks, we joked around and actually looked at each other, it was pretty much back to normal. Hopefully tonight goes well too.

And scratch all that. She has to take care of the kids tomorrow morning, so she can't come over. Womp womp.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 01:06 AM)
And scratch all that. She has to take care of the kids tomorrow morning, so she can't come over. Womp womp.

What kids?

I am convinced a.) you are going to have at least one night of wild sex with her this summer. If not she's wasted a lot of time flirting, etc.

Or b.) you are going to get one heck of a 'i'm glad you are my friend' speech before you go back to school.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)

Carbondale girl?

The one girl I ever wanted to date in Carbondale ended up dating my best friend at the time behind my back(not sure why they were trying to hide it as I wouldn't have cared...you cant help who you like) and then ended up dating a girl behind his back when they were still dating. Fun times. I miss college ha.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 12:20 AM)
What kids?

I am convinced a.) you are going to have at least one night of wild sex with her this summer. If not she's wasted a lot of time flirting, etc.

Or b.) you are going to get one heck of a 'i'm glad you are my friend' speech before you go back to school.

She has been babysitting these kids since they were like 3 years old, and one of them got sick and was hospitalized yesterday morning. So last night she was asked to stay at their house and watch this this morning while the parents went to work or the hospital, not sure which one.

For those in their 20's, especially early on, it may seem devastating dealing with your relationshop or lack there of now, and its ok to feel that way. However, it is not the end of the world. You may not know this yet but you are going to change a bunch over the next several years and so will your taste in women. Once you find out who you are, thats about the time when you will find someone who is your match.

In the end, work on you. Once you know who you are you can find that "one thing"

Edited by RockRaines