Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 05:42 AM)
Sooooo, I've gone out a few times with the girl I previously described, and I just don't think I can date her, at least now. I like her but I keep thinking about how she cheated on her husband and that he may not be as bad of a guy as she says he is. And the fact she so carelessly did with my friend.

It's weird because she didn't cheat on me but like some of you said, that possibility is there, and after being cheated on in the past, is not something I want to risk again right now.

I almost wish she never ever told me but it was probably better she did.

Geez, I'm a mess with relationships.

Good decision. Damaged goods. On to the next one.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
There's a difference. If I got hitched to my girl now in the next few years the majority of girls I have been with have been of the teenage variety. That's not really living a full experience. I think it's just safe for guys to have fun and establish their careers in their early to mid twenties and worry about the someone you're referring to later on.

I mean by all means go out and have fun while you can. I'm just saying I don't think there's a bucket list of women to date before you get married. Unless you're Leo DiCaprio dating and banging 4 different women a week, you'll never meet enough women to sample the entire menu.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
I cant wait until you have girl trouble.

"I DRANK AND I TOLD HER STUFF"

"so what did she say to you?

"YOU ARE WASTED GO AWAY"

You just described my whole life in 3 lines.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 05:42 AM)
Sooooo, I've gone out a few times with the girl I previously described, and I just don't think I can date her, at least now. I like her but I keep thinking about how she cheated on her husband and that he may not be as bad of a guy as she says he is. And the fact she so carelessly did with my friend.

It's weird because she didn't cheat on me but like some of you said, that possibility is there, and after being cheated on in the past, is not something I want to risk again right now.

I almost wish she never ever told me but it was probably better she did.

Geez, I'm a mess with relationships.

Trust is the foundation of any real relationship.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Mine haven't been quite like that. With my current girlfriend, I said "you do such a good job cleaning around here, why don't you just do it all the time?"

You didnt tell us you just recently became single

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
What day is considered the first day of your relationship?

The day I asked her to be my girlfriend, 3/26/14. This is the longest relationship she's been in, but as the thread starter (and at the time, boy in mourning :)) it's not mine, so these monthly anniversaries mean a lot more to her than they do me.

In a new relationship, the 3 big milestones to me are 1 month, 6 months, and 1 year and then every year after that.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 3, 2015 -> 12:24 PM)
Yeah I was just wondering because my girl asked me how long I think we've been together and I really couldn't put a date to it. We have been friends since I was like 15 and have had a few different periods where we were going out since then. I just told her I remember getting whiskey dick on St. Pattys Day and she didn't particularly like that answer.

LOL

So the one year wedding anniversary is in April and I'm trying to get out ahead of this thing. Did some internet research and it appears that there are two types of gifts for year 1...the traditional "paper" gift or the modern "clocks" gift.

Did you guys follow these rules or did you just figure out your own gift?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
So the one year wedding anniversary is in April and I'm trying to get out ahead of this thing. Did some internet research and it appears that there are two types of gifts for year 1...the traditional "paper" gift or the modern "clocks" gift.

Dont you just cut a hole in a box?

We're past 3 now and have never followed those suggestions, so I would say don't worry about it.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 4, 2015 -> 10:56 PM)

We've never done the traditional gifts. We usually won't exchange anything, but go out for a nice meal or take a weekend trip.

Figure out your own gift. That stuff is a waste of time.