Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
Not directly at least.

I agree with this. I just think most people have been influenced by societal norms In a way that's not event noticed. It's engrained in people.

Monogamy is a part of every "major" religion unless it's a polygamist deal. Not really any gray area there. I am not a cheater but I think it's disengenuous to immediately write off every one who "cheats" as a selfish person.

If I was married for 10 years and my wife just stopped wanting to have sex with me am I just supposed to never have sex again?

Any ideas on Valentine's Day? I don't know what to do. I've got her basically everything.

Not killing innocent people is part of every religion.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Feb 9, 2016 -> 09:07 PM)
You can ask away. No worries. In gay life its all about how many people you sleep with. I have friends that have been with over 400 people.

Most first dates end up in bed. I have a lot of friends that are in their late 20's mid 30's scared to death of losing their looks so they do Botox.

Anymore questions feel free to PM me. I am sort of an expert on gay life being around it for over 20 years lol.

I think the gay life is a lot different in reality than we've been told on TV shows, etc. It sounds like a big orgy type situation. Whitesoxjr27 is telling us some wild stuff that gay life is more about sex sex sex than the stuff we've been sold about gay marriage, etc. How the hell would any males stay married with this desire for sex being the only factor in gay relationships according to whitesoxjr?? Has the public been sold a bill of goods thinking gay lifestyle is basically the same as hetero lifestyle? Same goals of marriage, raising kids, having a picket fence, etc??

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 01:57 AM)
I think the gay life is a lot different in reality than we've been told on TV shows, etc. It sounds like a big orgy type situation. Whitesoxjr27 is telling us some wild stuff that gay life is more about sex sex sex than the stuff we've been sold about gay marriage, etc. How the hell would any males stay married with this desire for sex being the only factor in gay relationships according to whitesoxjr?? Has the public been sold a bill of goods thinking gay lifestyle is basically the same as hetero lifestyle? Same goals of marriage, raising kids, having a picket fence, etc??

Greg, are you seriously shocked that single people love to have sex with different partners?

Don't get wrong. There are guys that want to marry and have a normal life. But the gay single life can be crazy.

greg, you live near a major college. The only bill of goods you have is not very authentic nor is it truthful

In all my time on Soxtalk this is literally one of the worst posts I have ever read on here. You should be ashamed for have even typed it, whether trolling or serious.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
In all my time on Soxtalk this is literally one of the worst posts I have ever read on here. You should be ashamed for have even typed it, whether trolling or serious.

Have you read a word of his posts about gay life? He's trying to educate us. He has a unique perspective and is trying to inform. What he writes is totally contrary to what is portrayed. 400 partners?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)
Have you read a word of his posts about gay life? He's trying to educate us. He has a unique perspective and is trying to inform. What he writes is totally contrary to what is portrayed. 400 partners?

How can you say that when you have extrapolated the entire gay lifestyle based on one sentence he wrote about other people he knows? He didnt say every gay man has 400 partners or more, he said he knows some that have.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
How can you say that when you have extrapolated the entire gay lifestyle based on one sentence he wrote about other people he knows? He didnt say every gay man has 400 partners or more, he said he knows some that have.

I know more straight men who have had exploits like that then gay men, but that's just within my circle of friends.

I've always chalked this up to "men are just hornier than women." In other words, the reason straight men have fewer partners isn't due to being more moral or being wired differently. It's due to the greater challenge in finding willing partners.

If you're a guy and your #1 goal for the night is getting laid, your odds are better if you're looking for another guy than if you're looking for a girl.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 11, 2016 -> 10:34 AM)

Wilt Chamberlin said he slept with over 20,000 women. Does that mean all Kansas students sleep with 20,000 people? After all Wilt has a unique perspective and is trying to inform.

400 may be a bit much, but I know guys who slept with 25+ girls each semester.

But essentially what I'm trying to say is that straight or gay there are people who get around, it's not a blanket statement either way. Could there be more sexual activity for young gay men on average? Maybe, I don't have stats on it and honestly what does it matter?