Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

The Ohio State President is taking a lot of heat for anti Boise State/TCU comments he made. I'm going to take the side of the Boise State President in this debate simply because the Ohio State guy apparently defended the BCS too, and you'd have to be some kind of idiot to do that.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...stpresident-bcs

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
The Ohio State President is taking a lot of heat for anti Boise State/TCU comments he made. I'm going to take the side of the Boise State President in this debate simply because the Ohio State guy apparently defended the BCS too, and you'd have to be some kind of idiot to do that.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news...stpresident-bcs

If it came from someone other than him, it would have some validity, but OSU literally always underperforms. Who have they faced this year besides Miami who was #12 when they faced them, but now is unranked. I think TCU and BSU would wipe the floor with OSU.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
If it came from someone other than him, it would have some validity, but OSU literally always underperforms. Who have they faced this year besides Miami who was #12 when they faced them, but now is unranked. I think TCU and BSU would wipe the floor with OSU.

OSU has played home and homes with Texas, USC and now Miami in the last 5 years in addition to facing teams like Wisconsin, Iowa and up until the Rich Rod era Michigan. They take on all comers.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 24, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)

They have won 5 BCS bowl games while losing only 3, nice try. If thats underperforming, every team in the country would love to underperform. OSU would smoke BSU, TCU would be a much bigger challenge.

And OSU also offered to play a home and home with Boise and Boise wanted OSU to pay them just like a small MAC school would. Thats why nobody wants to play them.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
I hate Bama, but I hate Auburn and Cam Newton more. Hell yes!!

This.

Of course Auburn is making a game of it now due to some major missed opportunities by Bama. The McElroy and Ingram fumbles cost Alabama at worst 6 points, but likely 10-14 points. And if that had happened, I think Auburn would have folded.

I dont know how someone can watch the SEC games like the one tonight and say a team like Boise could be better than an avg team in that conference. Those teams are loaded with NFL talent and you play them week in and week out. Or you could play Nevada as your toughest game which has roughly 1/5th the amount of players in the NFL than a team like Alabama.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 27, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
Nevada's defensive coordinator should kill himself as should their DBs. Most pathetic defensive play I have seen in my entire life. Boise is a 3 or 4 loss team minimum in the SEC.

yup.

and anyone who honestly believes Boise should/could compete for a national title should stop watching football. Boise would get rolled if they played the same schedule as Oregon or Auburn