Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
The fact that Tim Brown and Cris Carter didn't get in on their first try is also BS. When each of them retired they were second in most receiving categories behind Jerry Rice. That is an accomplishment in itself, Rice is on a completely different level than any other receiver.

Really, there needs to be 1-2 more available slots.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
Really, there needs to be 1-2 more available slots.

Did more research, at the time of their retirement, Carter and Brown were second or third in receptions and yards, I believe Carter was second in Touchdowns, and Brown was top 5.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
Did more research, at the time of their retirement, Carter and Brown were second or third in receptions and yards, I believe Carter was second in Touchdowns, and Brown was top 5.

All the WR's are suffering now because of the combination of multiple HOF caliber WR's on the list and the more pass-heavy modern league, where more guys are beating their stats.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
When you have 22 starters on the field, there should be more HOF slots annually to recognize that.

Especially when 1-2 go to management/off the field people every year. And when you have other specialized guys, like kickers (Vinatieri, Hester for example).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 11:14 AM)
The Bears will cut Chester Taylor this offseason, a source tells CSNChicago.com.

good move, he was overpaid and didnt seem to have a huge role in the Martz offense seeing as how Forte was clearly the better receiving RB. I do think the bears may take a Rb with a late round pick. frankly im still curious as to what khalil bell can do

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
The Bears will cut Chester Taylor this offseason, a source tells CSNChicago.com.

I've been a big fan of Taylor and thought it was a good signing, but man was he awful. Forte had 4.5 yds/carry, Taylor just 2.4. Enough said.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)

That signing was questionable from the beginning because of how similar he is to Forte. We don't need a poor man's clone, we need a speed back.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
That signing was questionable from the beginning because of how similar he is to Forte. We don't need a poor man's clone, we need a speed back.

Wasn't Forte pretty bad in goal line situations? I thought that was why Taylor was brought in, for goal line and 3 and short situations. He didn't seem to get many chances though this year and when he did he was pretty underwhelming.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 7, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)

I think it didn't work more because of Chester Taylor than because of scheme/running back type.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
God I hate that guy. Can't believe I watched 1:45 of it. So f***ing stupid.

It's absolutely retarded, which is why its funny.

Darren Sharper hold mah diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

The Minnesota State Court of Appeals has sided with the NFL in the 2008 StarCaps case against Vikings DT Kevin Williams, among others. Per Rotoworld.

Haha. Remember when the Vikings almost made the Super Bowl. That was funny.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
The Minnesota State Court of Appeals has sided with the NFL in the 2008 StarCaps case against Vikings DT Kevin Williams, among others. Per Rotoworld.

Haha. Remember when the Vikings almost made the Super Bowl. That was funny.

didnt all of this start even before that season? what a ridiculous length of time, these guys just bypassed everything and got to play for 2 more years with no suspension