Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our big name players all struggled today...Briggs is far and away the leader of this defense, and you could sense the struggle with him out. Cutler has got to improve his awareness with Martz in charge, and that was one of the worst games of Tillman's career. Huge loss for them today though.

To eas the pain of thg tame I made myself some white russanisn but the more the Bears sucked the mor i drank. Now I am pretty messed up. I apologize for the spelling and incoprherence, hand-eye coordination is shot to s***.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
Our big name players all struggled today...Briggs is far and away the leader of this defense, and you could sense the struggle with him out. Cutler has got to improve his awareness with Martz in charge, and that was one of the worst games of Tillman's career. Huge loss for them today though.

I think Billick illustrated multiple times that the blitz pickup by the line(or lackthereof) made Cutlers awareness a moot point. When a blitzer is coming untouched from the outside on the blindside and you are on a 7 step drop you are going to be killed whether you are Jay Cutler or Peyton Manning.

and that was one of the worst games of Tillman's career

Must you be so overly hyperbolic about every observation you make? Worst of his career? Come on now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 12:34 AM)
Took the Bears -6, Texans -4, and Steelers -13.5 tomorrow.

Normally don't like taking this many favorites, but these were the three games I liked the most.

Don't let me down.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 07:38 AM)
The only one that I'd take there would be the Steelers -13.5.

I wouldn't touch those other 2.

Saints -4.5

Colts -3.5

Titans -3

Those are the picks of the week.

I'm doing really good in picks so far today. :)

Tillman got destroyed all day by Williams, who is a strong receiver but nowhere near fast enough to get as open as he did. Also, he got juked out a few times by Lynch. After the game, Tillman even said he was at a loss for words for how his man got open so much.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Tillman got destroyed all day by Williams, who is a strong receiver but nowhere near fast enough to get as open as he did. Also, he got juked out a few times by Lynch. After the game, Tillman even said he was at a loss for words for how his man got open so much.

Everything you always say is worst ever, a guy has to get fired, someone needs to be cut, he need to be sent down.

Just say he sucked. Thats fine

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
Everything you always say is worst ever, a guy has to get fired, someone needs to be cut, he need to be sent down.

Just say he sucked. Thats fine

This is your worst post of all time, kyyle. You need to be banned. :P

QUOTE (T R U @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
oh man I cant wait for the Miami/Chicago game.. Cameron Wake is going to eat Jay Cutler alive with that line you guys got..

They've been pretty good stopping pass-rushers, outside of the NYG game I guess, but we did well against Matthews and Ware. It's been the blitz pick-up in general that has killed them, not one really effective pass-rusher. Although they seem to have gotten progressively worse so who knows.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
I'm doing really good in picks so far today. :)

The Texans pushed, Steelers covered, and Bears defense was not dominant with Briggs out of the game. Should have anticipated his loss would have more of an effect on stopping the run, but honestly thought we would get up early and blow their doors out. The Seachickens are horrendous on the road, especially when traveling east and playing in the early game. This was really a horrendous performance on the part of the Bears. The Texans made Matt Cassel look good, something that hasn't been done in 2 years. They are going nowhere with that secondary. I should have taken the Eagles, but wussed out.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
Feel like this needs to be mentioned: Anyone see Desean get lit the hell up today? Of course he's on my f***in fantasy team. Lot of helmet to helmet hits it seemed like today.

Peter King felt compelled to start off his weekly column with the matter.

"This is crazy!'' Rodney Harrison said as we tried to process the sixth or seventh vicious NFL hit of the day in the NBC viewing room Sunday afternoon.

Then, almost under his breath, Harrison said quietly, "Thank God I retired.''

The games we watched Sunday seemed as violent a collection as I've seen. Judging from the tweets and e-mails I got as the day went on, the public was astonished too. The Dunta Robinson collision with DeSean Jackson in Philadelphia, concussing both the Atlanta corner and Eagles receiver and probably kayoing the invaluable Jackson for Sunday's game at Tennessee. Several shots in Pittsburgh, two vicious ones by James Harrison of the Steelers; his helmet-to-helmet shot against Browns receiver Mohamed Massaquoi will certainly draw a heavy fine, and it's incredible to me no official flagged what could be the textbook definition of hitting a defenseless receiver. In New England, Brandon Meriweather lighting up Baltimore's Todd Heap with a hit to the head so vicious that either a mouthguard or something flew high into the air at the moment of impact. And so on -- six or eight shots where you wondered, "Is that guy getting up?''

So many thoughts. One: It's time to start ejecting and suspending players for flagrant hits, which I thought the Meriweather one was, and perhaps also the shot of Harrison on Massaquoi. Two: the league had better train its officials better considering there was no penalty on the Harrison hit on Massaquoi. The league had as a point of emphasis to officials this year that launching into a defenseless receiver would be a penalty and subject to discipline. So emphasize it.

Three: Eighteen games? Are you serious? Tell the six Eagles who've suffered concussions this year -- we're six weeks into the season -- that adding two games is no big hazard to your health. Right. And four: Don't tell me this is the culture we want. It might be the culture kids are used to in video games, but the NFL has to draw a line in the sand right here, right now, and insist that the forearm shivers and leading with the helmet and launching into unprotected receivers will be dealt with severely. Six-figure fines. Suspensions. Ejections.

I will hand it to Rodney Harrison. In the year-and-a-half I've worked with him, he's become more thoughtful about the game than I remember from his playing days, when his life was a seek-and-destroy mission. And Sunday, after watching a day of the viciousness, he laid it on the line on our Football Night in America show.

"You didn't get my attention when you fined me five grand, 10 grand, 15 grand,'' Harrison said. "You got my attention when I got suspended ... You have to suspend these guys. These guys are making millions of dollars. The NFL [has to say], 'We're going to really protect our players. We're going to suspend these guys, not one game, but possibly two or more games.' ''

If the NFL's serious about its rules, and is giving more than lip service about concussions, it's essential the league acts now to reinforce the rules on the books.

The consensus on sports talk radio this morning in Chicago is that Mike Martz and his magical play calling is a disaster.

There is fault to go around but the Bears rushed 12 times.

Olsen, Forte and the O-line are terrible at blocking. May as let Forte get destroyed as oppossed to Cutler.

Looks like Cutler will have his fourth O-Coordiantor in four years next year.