Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
The consensus on sports talk radio this morning in Chicago is that Mike Martz and his magical play calling is a disaster.

There is fault to go around but the Bears rushed 12 times.

Olsen, Forte and the O-line are terrible at blocking. May as let Forte get destroyed as oppossed to Cutler.

Looks like Cutler will have his fourth O-Coordiantor in four years next year.

The biggest criticism of Martz' offense has always been the QB takes a beating. Couple that with an inexperienced OL that probably isn't very talented, and you better make sure Cutler's heath insurance payments are up to date. The Bears have to be able to run the ball. It seems to me Martz wants to use every excuse not to run the ball. They were done yesterday but only by one score until the 4th quarter. 14 runs? I was at the game yesterday. The venom from many fans is almost funny. They are still 4-2, but any blame on this season has to be on Angelo. The OL is a joke. Its not Lovie's fault, or Tice's fault. Its Jerry Angelo's fault.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
The more I think about it, the NFL needs a lockout next year. Not to fix the finances, they need to address the severe head injuries that are going on.

And how do you propose they do that?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
The more I think about it, the NFL needs a lockout next year. Not to fix the finances, they need to address the severe head injuries that are going on.

The head injuries have always happened, it's only now that the NFL gives a s***.

You want to lessen the head injuries? Better helmets and mandatory mouth guards.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 10:48 AM)
The head injuries have always happened, it's only now that the NFL gives a s***.

You want to lessen the head injuries? Better helmets and mandatory mouth guards.

The problem with the improving helmet design has been that it makes the hitter more comfortable in going in harder.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
The problem with the improving helmet design has been that it makes the hitter more comfortable in going in harder.

I have actually read a serious suggestion that they ditch the helmets because then guys would be afraid to hit as hard.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
I have actually read a serious suggestion that they ditch the helmets because then guys would be afraid to hit as hard.

Yep. The problem is that a few players would actually die just due to the overall physical nature of the sport, as opposed to being paralyzed or concussed (which are just different terms for being a zombie).

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
Lot of helmet to helmet hits it seemed like today.

They were talking about that after last night's game. It appears the rules are not enforced enough or they should change it to where unintentional hits should be penalized. Fining athletes does nothing. Maybe suspensions will.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
In an apparent suicide attempt following an arrest for domestic violence, Junior Seau drove his SUV off a cliff this morning...

Junior Say Ow

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
oh yeah, and HOLY s*** JUNIOR SEAU DROVE HIS CAR OFF A CLIFF THIS MORNING

He's OK atleast

Way to break that one.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Dose anyone else think Zach Zaidman is too much of a Bears cheerleader? He's almost always positive about the Bears.

I can't stand that dudes voice.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
Dose anyone else think Zach Zaidman is too much of a Bears cheerleader? He's almost always positive about the Bears.

Absolutely, he's TERRIBLE. Never says a bad word about anything relating to the Bears. Hell, he makes Chris Rongey seem like a Sox pessimist.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
Absolutely, he's TERRIBLE. Never says a bad word about anything relating to the Bears. Hell, he makes Chris Rongey seem like a Sox pessimist.

ok, I thought maybe I was just noticing it. Good to know there are others.

Could he be compromised by being paid by the Bears to host a show about the Bears show on the Score?

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
ok, I thought maybe I was just noticing it. Good to know there are others.

Could he be compromised by being paid by the Bears to host a show about the Bears show on the Score?

Of course, as well as literally standing right behind these guys on the sideline during all the games and trying to get some scoop from them.

The thing with the offense is that it has no OL. Tice can only do so much. Should they run more? Maybe. You can certainly make a case, but there's only oh so much you can do other than calling plays up the gut. They can't swing a run to the outside because their OL can barely block their current positions, much less on the move.

In reality, until Angelo respects the OLine, any offense is going to stink. Honestly, Martz's offense gives me reason to watch the Bears.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 07:20 PM)
The thing with the offense is that it has no OL. Tice can only do so much. Should they run more? Maybe. You can certainly make a case, but there's only oh so much you can do other than calling plays up the gut. They can't swing a run to the outside because their OL can barely block their current positions, much less on the move.

In reality, until Angelo respects the OLine, any offense is going to stink. Honestly, Martz's offense gives me reason to watch the Bears.

There are ways to break a pass rush's tempo though that I haven't gotten the impression the Bears have tried. When you've got a heavy pass rush hitting Brees or manning, they shift into 3 step drops and hammer you west-coast-offense style with high percentage 8 yard completions, and then they mix it up with draw plays and quick screens where the pass rushers overpursue. Martz wants to go down the field and damn the consequences.