2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

I didn't discuss this with anyone but I think it would be great to have one thread for all that happens in spring training.

That way we don't have to venture in other threads, post your tweets, pics, blurbs, blogs, articles here if it has to do with Spring Training, there will be separate game threads I'm sure.

I'm pretty pumped spring training is here officially, April 5 can't come soon enough.

From the first day of Spring Training, we are going to create how we are going to play during the season," said White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen during a recent interview. "I'm not waiting for the last week of Spring Training.

"You are going to see us on the first day hit and running, bunting. Well, hopefully, they get on base, but that's how we play the game.

Andruw Jones will be splitting time with Mark Kotsay at designated hitter, while serving as the team's fourth and fifth outfielders. Jones arrived Saturday in outstanding physical condition, but his production is worth watching as a key ingredient to Guillen's DH by committee.

Rest you can find here.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before we start saying guys are done if they go 0 for 10 during spring training or give up 8 runs in an inning, or put them on the All Star team because they are 9 out of their last 14 or pitch a couple of scoreless innings with 5 ks lets all keep in mind these spring training facts from the Tribune:

In 2005, White Sox pitchers a 5.59 spring ERA before proceeding to win the World Series.

Brian Anderson batted .309 the next spring to win the starting center field job, only to lose it by midseason.

And infielder Wilson Betemit led the Sox last spring with six home runs and 18 RBIs, only to be designated for assignment two months later.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
Before we start saying guys are done if they go 0 for 10 during spring training or give up 8 runs in an inning, or put them on the All Star team because they are 9 out of their last 14 or pitch a couple of scoreless innings with 5 ks lets all keep in mind these spring training facts from the Tribune:

In 2005, White Sox pitchers a 5.59 spring ERA before proceeding to win the World Series.

Brian Anderson batted .309 the next spring to win the starting center field job, only to lose it by midseason.

And infielder Wilson Betemit led the Sox last spring with six home runs and 18 RBIs, only to be designated for assignment two months later.

Hahahaha EXCELLENT points. Unless Beckham looks good. In which case, he is a demi-god, and we will anoint him such.

Some funny stuff that Gonzalez is reporting on twitter....

-Jake Peavy, surveying his locker row that includes Buehrle, Linebrink, Jenks: "We got a lot of rednecks around here.''

-andruw jones "i'm the best CF you have here." J Cora: "you should. only pitcheres and catchers are here."

One from Cowley...

-Oz on Damon: "I knew when A.J. was hanging around him we weren't going to get him."

"KW thought about approaching Dye, but Sox need for LH bat is greater."

about 1 hours ago from mobile web http://twitter.com/MDGonzales

I find it interesting that it wasn't phrased as, "need for LH bat was greater" (Kotsay) I'd love to hear it from Ozzie to see if this is an indicator of a change in perspective from the rotating DH.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 01:01 PM)
Some funny stuff that Gonzalez is reporting on twitter....

-Jake Peavy, surveying his locker row that includes Buehrle, Linebrink, Jenks: "We got a lot of rednecks around here.''

-andruw jones "i'm the best CF you have here." J Cora: "you should. only pitcheres and catchers are here."

One from Cowley...

-Oz on Damon: "I knew when A.J. was hanging around him we weren't going to get him."

:lolhitting

Those are great.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 09:11 AM)
Hahahaha EXCELLENT points. Unless Beckham looks good. In which case, he is a demi-god, and we will anoint him such.

Beckham's gonna hit 5-Run Homers every at bat in Spring Training. That mean's he's hitting in the batting circle.

those pictures are awesome...

anybody know if MLB.com will broadcast spring games for free this year? i think they were free last year, and were only part of mlb.tv package in 2008

edit: oh well, just bought the premium package... my 3rd year in a row as an mlb.tv subscriber, gotta say if it's as good as last year i'll be happy

Edited by Real

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 21, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
Just 12 more days until the first Sox video broadcast. March 5th vs Dodgers will be shown on whitesox.com most likely featuring the epically bad color commentary of Bill Melton.

No joke about Melton. He maked DJ sound like a HOF broadcaster.