2010 Chicago White Sox Spring Training

justBLAZE

QUOTE (scenario @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
Not sure if this was posted earlier... if so, sorry for the repeat...

Gavin Floyd, Daniel Cabrera, Carlos Torres and Daniel Hudson are scheduled to pitch two innings apiece against the Dodgers in Tuesday's "B" game

I think I came a little... BASEBALL IS HERE!!! :headbang

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
Can you give me a single example of anyone ever getting HIV from a blood test for steroids? Especially at the professional athlete level? How many olympians, cyclists, etc., have gone through them without that issue? Compared to heavy abuse of HGH, for example?

Let me clarify. I meant that it is a possiblitilty and that the union will use it to prevent that type of testing. I know of a few athletes who got infections, more to thier own carelessness after the test, but no one who got HIV. But the union will push that point hard to prevent blood testing since they got embarrased by having to add drug testing without giving much up.

QUOTE (Real @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 09:48 AM)
isn't it

STEAK DINNER BOOM

I think he did it both ways. I listened to the end of that call when the guy was freaking out on Bernstein(and vice versa) and he kept going back and forth

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
I hope to God Carlos Torres does not make this team. If the Sox don't want Hudson in the pen then at least Dolsi, Santos, Santeliz, etc. have some upside. Personally I'll be rooting for Lucas Harrell as the Plan B to Hudson if the big arms fail.

So, if Hudson, Harrell etc. have an awful Spring and Torres has an ERA under 1, you wouldn't want him to make the roster?

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
So, if Hudson, Harrell etc. have an awful Spring and Torres has an ERA under 1, you wouldn't want him to make the roster?

If that happened then Torres would deserve the spot, but he would also need to be on a very short leash. I don't see that happening at all though. Maybe Dolsi and Santos stink the place up, and maybe Harrell can't throw a strike to save his life, but I don't see Torres outperforming Hudson. If Torres makes this team IMO it will be the result of a perfect storm of injuries and collapses along with a nice stat line coming from B games.

InsideTheSox twitter

From Allen Thomas, White Sox strength coach on the shape of this year's team: "They are probably the best group in my 16 years, Usually I come in at 6 and then some of the team starts coming in around 7 to work out. Now they are in the weight room at 6. Everyone agrees, Ozzie, the baseball group, and myself this is one of the better conditioned teams we have seen.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
Anyone rooting for Daniel Cabrera to get his head straight and develop some control and at least have a decent ST? I am.

correct me if im wrong but isnt he having the same kind of problems as Thornton had before coop fixed him, anyone think theres a possibility coop fixes him? Im def rootin for it to happen.

correct me if im wrong but isnt he having the same kind of problems as Thornton had before coop fixed him, anyone think theres a possibility coop fixes him? Im def rootin for it to happen.

2nd_city, this could well be but too many teams have given up on him to consider him a Coop reclamation project. He has good stuff when right but that has not been the case the last 2-3 years.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
2nd_city, this could well be but too many teams have given up on him to consider him a Coop reclamation project. He has good stuff when right but that has not been the case the last 2-3 years.

To my knowledge he has only been on 2 teams, the Orioles and Nationals. I know the Orioles had a good pitching coach at one point but not so much for the Nats.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
To my knowledge he has only been on 2 teams, the Orioles and Nationals. I know the Orioles had a good pitching coach at one point but not so much for the Nats.

Last year he was on the Diamondbacks and Nationals, and put up horrid numbers with both teams

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
Oh how I'd love to see this game, lineup for tomorrows B game vs Dodgers:

Mitchell LF

Danks CF

Flowers C

Viciedo 1B

Kroeger DH

Nix 2B

Lillibridge SS

Morel 3B

De Aza RF

I hope there is at least a live box score for this game, but I doubt it. Probably will have to follow tweets and then wait for an article following the game to see what happened.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
I hope there is at least a live box score for this game, but I doubt it. Probably will have to follow tweets and then wait for an article following the game to see what happened.

There won't be a live box for a B game. They usually play those at 10am, or something. I'm sure the beat writers will be watching and tweeting.

Charles Leesman is also a Non Roster invite. I wonder if with a good ST he gets sent up to AA this year. JPN have you seen him pitch? He is known to have a good fastball but I wonder how his complimentary pitches are coming along?

58 BB's in 154.2 innings. HMM a bit high but we will see.

Edited by chisoxfan09