Jenks Quits Drinking

DGSOXFan14

Saw this and thought I would pass it along. I for one am a huge fan of Jenks and likes the decision to slow himself down to make himself an all around pitcher. That will go a long way to the length of his career. This is a wonderful decision for any ball player in my opinion and I was just wondering what you guys think of this and how it may or may not affect him in the future...

Jenks Quits Drinking

Edited by DGSOXFan14

QUOTE (DGSOXFan14 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Saw this and thought I would pass it along. I for one am a huge fan of Jenks and likes the decision to slow himself down to make himself an all around pitcher. That will go a long way to the length of his career. This is a wonderful decision for any ball player in my opinion and I was just wondering what you guys think of this and how it may or may not affect him in the future...

Jenks Quits Drinking

Insert fat joke here......

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 08:32 PM)
Yeah I thought he quit drinking years ago?

This division is turning into AA-L Central

That's what I thought too. I thought many of his problems in the Angels organization were attributed to alcohol and that upon coming to the Sox organization he turned over a new leaf. Oh well, either way it's good to hear he's quit again.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
That's what I thought too. I thought many of his problems in the Angels organization were attributed to alcohol and that upon coming to the Sox organization he turned over a new leaf. Oh well, either way it's good to hear he's quit again.

I don't know that he ever quit drinking. It just seemed as though he did what he could to either remain out of trouble.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
Good for Bobby. Also nice to see Linebrink being a supportive clubhouse guy and a good friend.

From what I understand, Jenks professed his faith in (not what the article calls..."religion") put professed his faith in Christ as his Savior. I know that Linebrink and also Josh Fields openly professed to be "born-again" Christians as well. When you accept and profess Christ as your Savior....you'll want to do the best that you can to be a representative of Him in all aspects of your life. It's probably why he sees and desires things a lot different now. Unfortunately....... the media usually won't write or print that. They'll water it down and say that they found "religion".

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
From what I understand, Jenks professed his faith in (not what the article calls..."religion") put professed his faith in Christ as his Savior. I know that Linebrink and also Josh Fields openly professed to be "born-again" Christians as well. When you accept and profess Christ as your Savior....you'll want to do the best that you can to be a representative of Him in all aspects of your life. It's probably why he sees and desires things a lot different now. Unfortunately....... the media usually won't write or print that. They'll water it down and say that they found "religion".

Too funny that this happened to be your 666th post! :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Too funny that this happened to be your 666th post! :lolhitting

Good for Bobby. How can anybody be their best at anything if they drink alcohol? Now that he's removed the poison from his life, he has no choice but to focus on baseball and his family. Nice work BigBoy, way to man-up.

Edited by Jerksticks

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Good for Bobby. How can anybody be their best at anything if they drink alcohol? Now that he's removed the poison from his life, he has no choice but to focus on baseball and his family. Nice work BigBoy, way to man-up.

pretty sure you can be the best at writing/musician/artist etc.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)

I'm not one to throw stones at anybody for the most part...but everybody really handles things differently when it comes to drinking. Some can handle it...some it takes over their life. Alcoholism is not a laughing matter by any means and I applaud Bobby with his decisions he's made. Wish I actually could do the same and follow a path like that...people that do seem to be more at peace with life. That being said...I had probably two of my greatest days ever on the diamond with massive hangovers...

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 10:50 PM)

I don't get the distinction you're attempting to draw, but good for Bobby to recognize a problem and work on fixing it.