Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
A little off topic, but one of my girlfriends in college tried to get me to watch the Notebook with her and her roommate. It was a weeknight and didn't have anything else to do, so I figured I might as well. I had every intention in the world of sitting through it.

I fell asleep five minutes into it and woke up at the credits. I felt so secure in my manhood that my body instinctually shut down for that movie.

Even more off topic, Firefox keeps telling me that "instinctually" is spelled incorrectly even though I've checked the spelling on two other sites to verify its spelling.

The real question is, did the two girls kiss?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ingloriuous Bastards proved that QT still sucks at making movies (Resevoir Dogs being his last good one). Decent idea, style was all over the place, pacing was all over the place, crappy ending, and 30 minutes longer than it needed to be. Just bad.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Jul 5, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
The Road, like the book, is tremendous.

I've got the movie netflixed. I thought the book was solid, but it didn't really go anywhere. I'm hoping the movie will bring out a little more emotion.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
Ingloriuous Bastards proved that QT still sucks at making movies (Resevoir Dogs being his last good one). Decent idea, style was all over the place, pacing was all over the place, crappy ending, and 30 minutes longer than it needed to be. Just bad.

I couldn't disagree more. That movie was brilliant.

Considering Resevoir Dogs came out 2 years before Pulp Fiction (and 5 years before Jackie Brown), this post proves that you have an awful taste in movies.

Edited by Felix

Road book>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>movie

And I did not even like the book too much since, as previously mentioned, it never really went anywhere.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
I've got the movie netflixed. I thought the book was solid, but it didn't really go anywhere. I'm hoping the movie will bring out a little more emotion.

The fact that you waited this long to see it proves you have a distaste for QT to begin with... that being said, you are crazy. I think IB has become Tarantino's SECOND masterpiece, and the first was not Reservoir Dogs.

Also, I find it crazy that people are still using Web-browsers that do not contain spell checkers.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
Also, I find it crazy that people are still using Web-browsers that do not contain spell checkers.

YOU SAID THIS ON FACEBOOK

IB proved that QT can still make some badass movies.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)

I think that was sort of the point. Soul-crushing dread and hopelessness. edit: basically the book made me feel awful the entire time I was reading it, and I think that was what McCarthy was going after. Reading it in the dead of winter helped add to the feeling of the book, too.

Book > movie, but it was still a solid movie. I was pleasantly surprised given how much the book is driven by internal dialog.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
I'm man enough to admit that not only did i love Toy Story 3 but that i got choked up at the end. I'm one of the people who grew up at a pretty consistent pace with the franchise so i imagine that helped.

This.

The lump in my throat started with the thought of a fiery grave and continued all the way until Andy left in his car. Well done.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
I'd argue Gilbert Grape.

And you'd be right. I had never heard of him when I first saw that movie. Until the Academy Awards that year, I seriously thought that he was actually retarded.