Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
The actor choices for Moneyball are just bizarre. Brad Pitt as Billy Beane? Jonah Hill as Paul DePodesta? PSH as Art Howe?

If anyone is Art Howe it is Terry O'Quinn

I agree...i'm surprised Brad Pitt would even be interested in that role.

It appears as though they are more concerned about commercial success than any kind of character accuracy.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
If it was a larger role, it would be Denzel Washington.

I was thinking that too.

And Jonah f***ING Hill for Paul DePodesta? Look at this guy:

Depo.jpg

WTF?

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
Trailer for 'Let Me In' just came out. Hopefully this remake comes close to being as brilliant as the Swedish original 'Let The Right One In'

It looks exactly the same, but it likely won't be as good.

Cool to see Richard Jenkins and Elias Koteas in it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 09:59 PM)
It looks exactly the same, but it likely won't be as good.

Cool to see Richard Jenkins and Elias Koteas in it.

I wouldn't say exactly. Scenes where Jenkins is in the back seat of a car and the ones with a train seem new.

Looks pretty good though. Hopefully it's as gory.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Trailer for 'Let Me In' just came out. Hopefully this remake comes close to being as brilliant as the Swedish original 'Let The Right One In'

The original was so good, I don't even want to see a remake.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
I wouldn't say exactly. Scenes where Jenkins is in the back seat of a car and the ones with a train seem new.

Looks pretty good though. Hopefully it's as gory.

The final scene of the movie was on a train. And yeah, I guess they have different scenes of the murders happening, but it's probably the exact same outcome.

I mean, he probably screws up like he did in the original and he obviously dies the same way.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
The original was so good, I don't even want to see a remake.

I feel the same way. This remake even if good, won't come anywhere close to the original.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 07:13 AM)
Something strange happened with this thread, its suddenly indented for me.

Anyway... if anyone was considering seeing The Sorcerer's Apprentice... don't. My god was that awful.

Nic Cage hasnt made a quality movie since Raising Arizona

edit: well, I did like Waking the Dead and Matchstick Men, so maybe not entirely true. But a movie where he gets to play his Con Air character is never good

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)

edit: well, I did like Waking the Dead and Matchstick Men, so maybe not entirely true. But a movie where he gets to play his Con Air character is never good

do you mean Bringing Out the Dead?

Thought "Invention of Lying" was ok, even though it annoyed me that instead of telling the truth, people were just saying what was on their mind without being asked. Is not saying what is on your mind, telling a lie?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)

Entertaining Nic Cage movies (that I've seen) since Raising Arizona:

Kick-Ass, The Weather Man, Lord of War, National Treasure, Matchstick Men, Adaptation, The Family Man, GONE IN 60 SECONDS, FACE/OFF, CON AIR, The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas

Brilliant movies that are deserving of Oscars? Probably not. Entertaining (some more than others) and not a complete waste of time? Most definitely. If you didn't enjoy Con Air, Face/Off or Gone In 60 Seconds (or Kick-Ass, for that matter), then I'm convinced you don't know what a fun movie is.

That being said, I don't know why anyone would ever want to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Nic Cage can be an awesome actor in a certain genre of film, but that is most certainly not included.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
Entertaining Nic Cage movies (that I've seen) since Raising Arizona:

Kick-Ass, The Weather Man, Lord of War, National Treasure, Matchstick Men, Adaptation, The Family Man, GONE IN 60 SECONDS, FACE/OFF, CON AIR, The Rock, Leaving Las Vegas

Brilliant movies that are deserving of Oscars? Probably not. Entertaining (some more than others) and not a complete waste of time? Most definitely. If you didn't enjoy Con Air, Face/Off or Gone In 60 Seconds (or Kick-Ass, for that matter), then I'm convinced you don't know what a fun movie is.

That being said, I don't know why anyone would ever want to see The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Nic Cage can be an awesome actor in a certain genre of film, but that is most certainly not included.

I havent seen Kick Ass and I want to, but Con Air, Face off, Gone in 60 Seconds, The Rock, I liked those movies in high school I watch them now and I wonder wtf I was thinking, they are just so damn corny and cliche. And admittedly I am pretty easy on most movies, but they are all but unwatchable to me now. I include National Treasure in that sentence too, but I wasnt in HS when it came out. He just plays the same corny one liner character in all of those movies.

Family man was OK, I wasnt a fan of the Weather man, never bothered to see Lord of War, Adaptation bored me, Leaving Las Vegas was a good movie, Ghost Rider was BRUTAL, I already said I really liked Matchstick Man, although Sam Rockwell played a big part in that.

I just dont like what he does anymore, cash grab corny flicks.