Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
Saw Monsters tonight. Definitely enjoyed it. But the title is misleading, and don't expect a big action movie a la War of the Worlds.

Was disappointed to hear Charlize Theron did not reprise her Oscar winning role.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 19, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
New Potter is great. Can't wait for summer.

Yea, I did feel like the middle section was rushed a lot. it was very disjointed and frantic. Jumping from one scene to another with characters seemingly making revolutions out of no where and entire scenes were set-up by three or four lines of dialog (

breaking into the ministry

). I understand they had to do it that way. There's too much in the book that HAD to be wedged in. I felt like if you had not read the book you might not understand some key parts.

the influence of the locket on people was seemingly interjected with no explanation

and probably could have been left out.

The best parts where when they slowed down like at

godric's hollow and Malfoy Manor

(after the snatchers). Those scenes had some real depth and where fantastic.

Overall, it was really good, and July is going to be epic.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 11:28 AM)
I watched Avatar last night for the first time. I went in expecting to hate it, or at least mildly dislike it.... i was very impressed. Liked it a lot.

I had this identical experience a week ago.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
I haven't seen one yet. I am against them for the most part too as I have always preferred an interesting plot to special effects

The only one I've ever seen was Jackass 3D. I, also, have no interest in 3D.

I thought Avatar was pretty meh. Very predictable.

And I loves me some 3d movies. Of course, most of the 3D movies I see are for kids when I take my daughter to see them, but it definitely enhances the experience for us. We loved seeing Alice in Wonderland in 3d.

And I am really excited to see Tron in 3D

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)

And I loves me some 3d movies. Of course, most of the 3D movies I see are for kids when I take my daughter to see them, but it definitely enhances the experience for us. We loved seeing Alice in Wonderland in 3d.

You mean you've seen Dance With Wolves before? Or any other movies with that premise?

The cool thing about Avatar is the fact its all CGI and that it rules in the theater in 3D.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 02:25 PM)

I thought it was bad and it wasn't even that it was predictable because most movies are. The characters were poorly written (typical Cameron with the most cliche villain imaginable), the dialogue was cheesy, and the love story was laughable. Not to mention the fact that humans in the movie are capable of traveling across a galaxy, and create the Avatars but they lose to a bunch of natives with bows and arrows (which by the way couldn't pierce the windows when they first encounter the gunships but could later in the movie)? GTFO. And let us also not forget that despite the fact that they can cross a galaxy with ships they can't launch a missile but instead have to fly an incredibly slow flying plane to drop explosives, just absolutely ridiculous.