Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
The Road was a great movie but horribly depressing. Definitely gets you thinking though. Highly recommended. Great acting all around.

I agree. I read the book first, and I found that the movie follows it almost exactly. Extremely depressing, but fantastic.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
The Road was a great movie but horribly depressing. Definitely gets you thinking though. Highly recommended. Great acting all around.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 06:24 AM)
I agree. I read the book first, and I found that the movie follows it almost exactly. Extremely depressing, but fantastic.

Read the book alone and in a dimly lit room during the dead of winter. Doesn't get much more depressing than that, but couldn't put it down.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 02:56 AM)
Skyline was the first movie, ever, that I have willingly gone to see and didn't like at all..

holy crap was that movie bad

Check out the trailer for the better version, Battle: Los Angeles

http://screenrant.com/battle-los-angeles-trailer-ross-87440/

The guys that made Skyline were on the special effects team for Battle: Los Angeles when they left and made their own movie, which was suspiciously similar. However, no lawsuits ever came of it because I think they realized Skyline kind of sucked in comparison

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 12:37 PM)
Check out the trailer for the better version, Battle: Los Angeles

http://screenrant.com/battle-los-angeles-trailer-ross-87440/

The guys that made Skyline were on the special effects team for Battle: Los Angeles when they left and made their own movie, which was suspiciously similar. However, no lawsuits ever came of it because I think they realized Skyline kind of sucked in comparison

Yeah, Skyline made no sense at all and had the worst ending ever.. the whole time I was watching it I was just hoping it would get better, it never did..

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
In the last three days, I've watched three Netflix movies. To make it shorter, I'll just start saying the ratings I give movies on Netflix (out of 5 stars).

Wall Street: 5/5

Lost In Translation: 4/5

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind: 5/5

Which Wall Street, the first or the 2nd?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 17, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
In the last three days, I've watched three Netflix movies. To make it shorter, I'll just start saying the ratings I give movies on Netflix (out of 5 stars).

Wall Street: 5/5

Lost In Translation: 4/5

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind: 5/5

I adore Eternal Sunshine... such a brilliant movie.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 18, 2010 -> 11:33 AM)
It may have been a little saccharine to some people, but that's exactly the type of movie you want once in a while.

I think they did a better job of recreating dream-like states than Nolan did in Inception.