Joe Cowley says our season is over: do you agree?

whitesoxfan101

Are the Sox Done?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Is the White Sox Season over?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
Why would it get locked? I am the all powerful and I need to vent....

You are stuck with me and you have no choice. Its not like I am some peace of meat you could just stop eating... its not that easy. :lol:

No offense, but if you choose to "quit" go ahead and do it. No need to announce it on a message board. I realize emotions play a role in being a fan of any sport or team. But I have no sympathy for emotional, soap opera, drivel such as this. I'd have a lot more respect (not saying this is the case with you) if somebody just came out and said "Hey, I jumped on the bandwagon in 2005. The team sucks now. So I don't want to follow them anymore." That's direct, honest and to the point.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
No offense, but if you choose to "quit" go ahead and do it. No need to announce it on a message board. I realize emotions play a role in being a fan of any sport or team. But I have no sympathy for emotional, soap opera, drivel such as this. I'd have a lot more respect (not saying this is the case with you) if somebody just came out and said "Hey, I jumped on the bandwagon in 2005. The team sucks now. So I don't want to follow them anymore." That's direct, honest and to the point.

Yeah, I hear you. But I wanted to say it anyways. I dont think I am ever negative on hear towards the Sox. Nor do I want others to jump on the "quit watching bandwagon" with me (nor do I want to be on a quit watching bandwagon). I am just puzzled as to why I have no emotion for this team. Never felt this way even in our worst seasons.

I'm still going to watch every game i can, but i can't say i'm getting anything out of it. I think my biggest problem is that things don't seem like they're going to get any better in the near future, the people in charge will remain in charge. There's no accountability for the failings of players, coaches, and upper management in this organization. I've said it before and i'll say it again: what we are seeing is the price of loyalty.

I will still watch the Sox but I've written them off for the year. I'll get more amped up when some moves happen and there are just more guys that I am interested in watching on the team. That said, I still check the scores every day and watch the games. I just turned off my emotions when I watch the games for the most part because there is no reason to get super upset or frustrated at the team in its current state. I'm quite frustrated with how long some of these guys have consistently under-achieved.

It is what it is and right now I'm ready for a regime change. It is time for Hahn and a new manager to step in.

I certainly hope some of our key guys going forward kick ass though: Santos, Rios, Ramirez, Quentin, Beckham, Floyd, Danks, Peavy (due to his hefty contract), Buehrle (because he's Buehrle).

For the sake of trades I'd love it if AJ, Paulie, Jenks, Thornton (who I think we should move and get a freaking ransom for) all were phenomenal.

I guess I'm just old-school in that you stick by your team no matter what. What made 2005 so special for so many was that it was so out of the ordinary from what we as Sox fans had been accustomed to. When the Sox won it all in '05, I immediately thought back to the '94 strike and the absolute disaster that was 1995 that followed. If I had just abandoned ship after that year and came back in 2005, there would be no authenticity or essence. No legitimate emotion. That's what makes winning championships so f***ing sweet (from a fan perspective).

Completely disinterested has been my feeling...probably from about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Can't remember the last game I sat down and watched. What a COMPLETE WASTE of $160 for MLB Extra Innings. I ponder all the Heiney Light I could have bought with that!!!

Can we making this a venting thread? One where we can just rattle off our complaints and frustrations? I think we could use a place where we can just sound off and get these kinds things off our chests without having to sound reasonable. I'll go first: and yes, some of these our petty and trivial:

I hate turning on the TV and knowing that Mark Kotsay and Omar Vizquel are going to be in the lineup and hitting high in the order. I hate knowing that even if the game is close Ozzie is still going to let Randy Williams and Bobby Jenks get their play. I hate having to see guys like Jayson Nix rot away on the bench when this team sucks balls, and we have no better options, I hate that we reward a kid like Lucy with a demotion to the minors, I hate that we have to bunt nearly every time someone gets on base, I hate that our manager doesn’t operate through strategy, but instead by gut, I hate how this organization runs the draft, i hate that all of our prospects either suck or are injured, I hate how we treat the players that Ozzie doesn't like, i hate how Hawk gets while we're losing, i hate how a lot of us saw tihs coming early in spring, i hate those bulls*** White Sox tradition ads, and I hate that there's no sign of anything changing in the near future. But i love the Chicago White Sox, so where does that put me?

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
Can we making this a venting thread? One where we can just rattle off our complaints and frustrations? I think we could use a place where we can just sound off and get these kinds things off our chests without having to sound reasonable. I'll go first: and yes, some of these our petty and trivial:

I hate turning on the TV and knowing that Mark Kotsay and Omar Vizquel are going to be in the lineup and hitting high in the order. I hate knowing that even if the game is close Ozzie is still going to let Randy Williams and Bobby Jenks get their play. I hate having to see guys like Jayson Nix rot away on the bench when this team sucks balls, and we have no better options, I hate that we reward a kid like Lucy with a demotion to the minors, I hate that we have to bunt nearly every time someone gets on base, I hate that our manager doesn’t operate through strategy, but instead by gut, I hate how this organization runs the draft, i hate that all of our prospects either suck or are injured, I hate how we treat the players that Ozzie doesn't like, i hate how Hawk gets while we're losing, i hate how a lot of us saw tihs coming early in spring, i hate those bulls*** White Sox tradition ads, and I hate that there's no sign of anything changing in the near future. But i love the Chicago White Sox, so where does that put me?

First off, I agree with most of your hates...and I too am tired of hearing Hawk when the team is losing (which is often). I highlighted your comment about Lucy because I could not agree more. As soon as he was sent down, the dreaded phrase "small sample size" popped up. Who cares! Small sample size or not, the kid was doing well. I wouldn't mind seeing him brought up over Flowers if AJ is traded...especially at this stage of the game. Is it really going to matter?

I said this in the game thread the other day, I just hate the philosophy of this organization. From the hitting/pitching/scouting/advanced scouting it's all run so badly. Since big frank has ANY minor league player come up and started mashing .300+ averages? When it seems like every other organization has at least bred a few big time hitters in the past 20 years.

I love KW and think his aggressive nature as a GM is great, but this place needs to change everything starting at the top (well JR's not going anywhere, but everyone below him) I just don't see that happening though. If the White Sox are too damn stubborn to fire Walker after a half decade of s*** offense, they're not gonna completely clean house.... So I don't know where to stand on this team right now

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
I said this in the game thread the other day, I just hate the philosophy of this organization. From the hitting/pitching/scouting/advanced scouting it's all run so badly. Since big frank has ANY minor league player come up and started mashing .300+ averages?

Magglio?

No team Leader. Quiet lead by example Konerko. Big Bullie AJ.(I love AJ, but just like a guy that b****es on a softball team that's not hitting, things get ugly) Kotsay not good enough w/ the sox long enough. Bacon to young & not hitting. Andruw-new to the team. Alex Rios -quiet like paulie!! . Visquel-to old. Carlos-too Carlos! Ramirez still trying to figure it out. Jermaine Dye had a presence & when he spoke people seemed to listen.

As for Pitchers, we know Buehrle & Danks are pretty good. Bobby Jenks worried about being traded & not an everyday player. My biggest question, & I don't Know for sure but Peavy seems to be a ONE MAN WOLFPACK. I think he needs to add some guys to his pack.

Pierre would probaly be the best canidate, by he's not w/ the sox that long. Short of trading Carlos Quentin for Aaron Rowand we need to have some form fellowship & comradery!! Ya leadership isn't going to help a team that isn't any good, but I hear all the time about how good we should be!!

Edited by soxfan-kwman

What bothers me the most is the silence. KW and Ozzie should have come out by now and said, "Wow, did we make a mistake on this rotating DH idea!" I realize that is almost comical to expect something like that. But all we hear is the occasional blurb about how KW and Ozzie get along as well as they have to and the team has to start playing better. Well, this team is in trouble. And this team will not be "this team" next year...hell, they won't be the same come August 1st. It's just a shame that players like AJ, Konerko, Jenks, and Putz may get dealt when we were led to believe that the Sox would be buyers come June and July.

I have lost a lot of interest in the team, and I probably only watch 30 minutes of games off and on. I'm tired of getting that rare hour or so when I can sit down and watch a game only to turn on the TV and see the Sox down 6-2 in the 4th damn inning!

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 11:15 AM)
What bothers me the most is the silence. KW and Ozzie should have come out by now and said, "Wow, did we make a mistake on this rotating DH idea!" I realize that is almost comical to expect something like that. But all we hear is the occasional blurb about how KW and Ozzie get along as well as they have to and the team has to start playing better. Well, this team is in trouble. And this team will not be "this team" next year...hell, they won't be the same come August 1st. It's just a shame that players like AJ, Konerko, Jenks, and Putz may get dealt when we were led to believe that the Sox would be buyers come June and July.

I have lost a lot of interest in the team, and I probably only watch 30 minutes of games off and on. I'm tired of getting that rare hour or so when I can sit down and watch a game only to turn on the TV and see the Sox down 6-2 in the 4th damn inning!

The rotating DH is not to blame.

The culprits are Mark, Jake and Gavin as far as I'm concerned.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
Magglio?

Ah, yes...but still his best season came with Detroit. Seems like the Sox have bad luck with developing guys who go on to do better with other teams I know..."National League, dude", "they wouldn't play well in our park" etc. It's just frustrating seeing Ely pitching well, or Maggs hitting .360 (juicing a possibility I know)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 09:55 AM)
IBTL.

I'm just curious, when did you go to your first White Sox game? Mine was 1979.

Honestly, the 2007 team was more interesting than this one, because that one had Fields, Owens, Wasserman and Gonzalez at least TRYING to make an impact as rookies.

Hopefully the inevitable trades and promotions of Hudson, Flowers and possibly Viciedo will provide a reason to become re-interested, re-invested, re-motivated to at least care about the development of the organization and how things are setting up for next year.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
The rotating DH is not to blame.

The culprits are Mark, Jake and Gavin as far as I'm concerned.

No, you're right that the rotating DH not the blame for the entire season. But, I think that if KW had gone out an acquired an actual DH, we wouldn't be seeing as much of Kotsay and Vizquel. And I'd add Quentin and Beckham to your list of culprits.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:25 PM)
No, you're right that the rotating DH not the blame for the entire season. But, I think that if KW had gone out an acquired an actual DH, we wouldn't be seeing as much of Kotsay and Vizquel. And I'd add Quentin and Beckham to your list of culprits.

Is Mark Kotsay making our starting rotation suck so badly?

The offense has scored runs. Sure, they're no juggernaut. But to me, those guys getting the ball every 5 days have let us down big time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:24 PM)
I'm just curious, when did you go to your first White Sox game? Mine was 1979.

Honestly, the 2007 team was more interesting than this one, because that one had Fields, Owens, Wasserman and Gonzalez at least TRYING to make an impact as rookies.

Hopefully the inevitable trades and promotions of Hudson, Flowers and possibly Viciedo will provide a reason to become re-interested, re-invested, re-motivated to at least care about the development of the organization and how things are setting up for next year.

So it's J4L's fault that he wasn't born yet when you started going to games?

Enough with the cock measuring.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 3, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
Is Mark Kotsay making our starting rotation suck so badly?

The offense has scored runs. Sure, they're no juggernaut. But to me, those guys getting the ball every 5 days have let us down big time.

No, since Kotsay doesn't pitch. I appreciate the smartassedness, but Kotsay is absolutely brutal in the 5-hole. He's a serviceable back-up 1B, and it's unfortunate that he can't be used as he would be more useful.

I agree with the fact that the rotation has sucked. I was just saying that the offense, and factors within, have sucked as well.