2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 12:52 AM)
Words cannot describe my disdain for Alain Vigneault and his group of f***ing goons in Vancouver. I even hate the Red Wings less. At least they have class. Torres, Bieksa, Edler, Kesler, Lapierre, Glass, Burrows, Raymond. Ugh. And don't even get me started on their fans.

I'd love nothing more than to come back from 3-0 to beat Vancouver and absolutely shatter the hopes and dreams of all of Vancouver for the third straight year.

Luongo starting game 6 in the UC. Keep it going.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
And Anaheim s***s the bed. Ouch.

Nashville was CLEARLY the better team last night. However, considering Anaheim had the lead inside the final minute of regulation, only to lose the game within the first two minutes of overtime......yeah I'd say s*** the bed describes what happened well. That's been a great series, and Nashville may finally kill their first round hex.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:45 PM)
I honestly think Game 5 was the hardest of the final 4 games we had. I am more confident in Game 6 then I was for Game 5, that's for sure. At home, with all this momentum. I am not that nervous. Game 7 would be fantastic, win or lose.

All it takes is 1 goal to completely shift the momentum, that's why the first goal tomorrow will be incredibly huge. It's hard not to be nervous when one game can end your season.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)
Also, in referrence to another post earlier, I honestly don't even hate the Red Wings that much. I put them in the category of the Twins: A team I have a lot of respect for whom there is no real reason for me to hate other than they're really good and beat my team. I hate teams like the Blues, Canucks, and Pacers a lot more since they're just plain dirty.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
I agree 100% on your last point. Any hatred towards the Wings at least in my lifetime is because they have been the poster child for success. The Blues, Canucks and even Flyers I hate because of the way they play and especially their fans.

Growing up in the Chicago Stadium and then the UC prior to 2009 makes you hate the Wings, as well as their fans, more than any other team. Not necessarily because the team is always "classless" on the ice because that hasn't always been the case, but it is a hatred that runs deep.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Growing up in the Chicago Stadium and then the UC prior to 2009 makes you hate the Wings, as well as their fans, more than any other team. Not necessarily because the team is always "classless" on the ice because that hasn't always been the case, but it is a hatred that runs deep.

Yeah, my disdain for the Wings was born in the 90s.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 08:00 AM)
Yeah, my disdain for the Wings was born in the 90s.

I still hate the Wings. A lot. But I definitely hate their fans more having to live in Michigan for school. My facebook has been blowing up with idiot "fans" who just love their Red Wings. Literally 3/4 of the people who say anything about the Wings in the playoffs couldn't name you more than 5 players on the roster.

Detroit will always suck more than anyone else. Whether it is Tigers, Pistons, or Red Wings, I hate Detroit. Teams like Vancouver come and go, but Detroit is always Detroit.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
Seabrook is back tonight? I mean, we are 0-3 with him, and 2-0 without him. This just gives me another excuse for my friends as why I hate that guido douchebag. Lol.

John Scott>Brent Seabrook is FAIL.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
Seabrook is back tonight? I mean, we are 0-3 with him, and 2-0 without him. This just gives me another excuse for my friends as why I hate that guido douchebag. Lol.

Yeah, he really sucked last year when we won the cup too.

P.S. Breaking news right now on VS....Looks like they might go with Schneider instead of Luongo...

Edited by SoxFanForever

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)

P.S. Breaking news right now on VS....Looks like they might go with Schneider instead of Luongo...

What a ballsy call there. And honestly, he is better than Luongo, at least the games I've seen. Not good.

And Scott is in (as a forward.. :(), Kruger out.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)

I wonder when that decision was actually made. Something tells me the "injury" was a bruised ego.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 24, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
What a ballsy call there. And honestly, he is better than Luongo, at least the games I've seen. Not good.

And Scott is in (as a forward.. :(), Kruger out.

Its not ballsy, it is full pledged panic mode.