Sox vs Atlanta June 24th 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

as exciting as this run has been, i hope kenny does not lose sight of the fact that our offense is not good enough. he is essentially getting a second chance to win this division and fix this offense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Why wouldn't you save Thornton for an inning where Heyward comes up?

Well Cabreras doesnt hit lefties as well and Blanco is a lefty. Just assuming Oz will use Jenks in the 9th no matter what. But, seeing as how Putz is in now maybe he wont.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Big hack, no cattle? WTF does that even mean? I understand "Big hack, no contact" because it makes sense and it rhymes, but "Big hack, no cattle" baffles me.....

Its big HAT, no cattle. Hawks accent makes it hard to understand. In Texas it is a saying used to describe fake cowboys, tourists, or foreigners.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
as exciting as this run has been, i hope kenny does not lose sight of the fact that our offense is not good enough. he is essentially getting a second chance to win this division and fix this offense.

Maybe that was Ozzie's rationale for rolling out this lineup...you know to make sure KW sees another bat is needed.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Or how about Attabatacola or whatever the hell he says for a broken bat.

Matt Abatacola... The guy usually spins the dials and screens the calls on the Score. I have no idea why that means a broken bat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
I have no idea why he uses it.

It actually relates to someone trying to look flashy, but has nothing to back it up. Similar to someone swinging really hard at a pitch, but nothing good happening.

It somewhat makes sense. I guess it's better than having Hawk calling people poseurs. :unsure:

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
Or how about Attabatacola or whatever the hell he says for a broken bat.

I believe that is for Matt Abbatacola (sp) from the Score. Something about him being a huge Cubs fan..who knows once again it makes little sense.