Paul Konerko: All Star

southsider2k5

http://twitter.com/InsideTheSox

# Konerko replaces Minn's Justin Mourneau and joins teammate Matt Thornton in Anaheim. #WhiteSox 4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

# Just announced: Paul Konerko of #WhiteSox added to AL All-Star team. Standing-O from crowd! 5 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

I just hope he doesn't do the home run contest now too...

I hope he IS in the home run contest to make it f***ing interesting.

DIdn't you read the article somebody posted with stats that indicate performance does not dip after playing in the contest?

Put Paulie in the HR contest!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
I hope he IS in the home run contest to make it f***ing interesting.

DIdn't you read the article somebody posted with stats that indicate performance does not dip after playing in the contest?

Put Paulie in the HR contest!

Yeah, stats may indicate that. But let us not forget what happened to Paulie last time he entered the derby. Not to mention the first half of the following season

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
Yeah, stats may indicate that. But let us not forget what happened to Paulie last time he entered the derby. Not to mention the first half of the following season

That's what I call some damn good logic right there. Sure, the numbers say one thing, but last time PAULIE did it, he sucked for a whole year!!!!1

Edited by Felix

Some people take sports too seriously. I want to see Paulie in the all star contest, cause the contest exists and I want to see him hit in it. Who gives a f*** if there's some hex?

The article said otherwise. Enjoy life! Dont worry. Be f***ing happy people!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 12:42 AM)
Some people take sports too seriously. I want to see Paulie in the all star contest, cause the contest exists and I want to see him hit in it. Who gives a f*** if there's some hex?

The article said otherwise. Enjoy life! Dont worry. Be f***ing happy people!

Oh interesting, I was not aware of that. If someone has a link to that article, I would love to see it.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 11, 2010 -> 02:08 AM)
http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/fantasy/...home-run-derby/

Props to qwerty for his initial post.

Ahh, I guess that makes sense. Guys that participate in the Derby are ones that many times have played over their heads in the first half, so then of course they are likely to come back to earth a bit as the sample size increases. I guess I can buy that.