White Sox Trade Catch-All

hi8is

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 03:59 PM)
The best thing we could have done is either signedThome or claimed Cust and stashed him AAA after he was DFA'D. Now, we're in a sitiuation where we have to make a move.

f***in' Ozzie.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 04:13 PM)
That too. But it just confuses me how you can think the combination of Jones/Kotsay can somehow outproduce Thome.

We saw why in The Club. JR stated how "we like to pick up guys after a down year or 2 that want to prove something".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
We saw why in The Club. JR stated how "we like to pick up guys after a down year or 2 that want to prove something".

That's fine and dandy if the said player still had something left in the tank. Like J.J. Putz. That's definitely not the case with Kotsay. You can't keep getting crap off the scrap heap and hope it turns into gold. It's not the formula of building a successful team.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Its not about production, its about versatility

I still can't believe that they thought Kotsay could play the OF, yet he's only played 5 games. What versatility?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)

I understand that philosophy and really, I do agree with it. The Jones contract was low risk/possible high reward.

But they have to learn when to cut ties and move on, and its not just in situations like these. This organization struggles to move on from mistakes in general.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 04:19 PM)
I understand that philosophy and really, I do agree with it. The Jones contract was low risk/possible high reward.

But they have to learn when to cut ties and move on, and its not just in situations like these. This organization struggles to move on from mistakes in general.

Yeah it took them long enough to realize Randy Williams was one of the worst arms we've seen in decades.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
That too. But it just confuses me how you can think the combination of Jones/Kotsay can somehow outproduce Thome.

I'm all for second chances, but when the party who recieves that chance does nothing with it they should be dropped from the roster, when the experiment proves to be a failure.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
I'm all for second chances, but when the party who recieves that chance does nothing with it they should be dropped from the roster, when the experiment proves to be a failure.

Who's going to replace Kotsay when he's dropped?

I could see Teahen doing so in a few weeks if he ever comes back.

Twins are set to acquire somebody from Toronto. Most likely Frasor or Downs. Maybe even Shaun Marcum.

I would be scared if it was Marcum. That guy owns us.

Edited by chw42

It wouldn’t be late July without rumors of intriguing three-team deals. ESPN’s Jayson Stark:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/edwi...team-rumor.html

Rumblings continue to surface about a possible three-team deal involving the Nationals, White Sox and Diamondbacks that would send Edwin Jackson to Washington, Adam Dunn to Chicago and a bunch of young pitchers to Arizona.

We know the Nationals like Jackson and the White Sox like Dunn, so perhaps the D’Backs can facilitate a deal and further stock up on prospects. Jackson, who is no stranger to three-team deals, has a 5.01 ERA, 7.0 K/9, and 4.0 BB/9 in 20 starts for Arizona. On the plus side, he turns 27 in September, averages 94 mph on his fastball, and is signed for next year. As he was with Dan Haren, D’Backs interim GM Jerry Dipoto might be forced to sell low on Jackson.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/07/ed...

I’d rather Williams get another Starter for the rotation considering Danial Hudson isn’t gonna cut it and Garcia’s wheels are falling off.

QUOTE (b-Rye @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)
How about Mark Teahen/Dan Hudson/Jordan Danks for Chone Figgins/Russel Branyan

3b figgins 2b beckham cf rios 1b konerko rf quentin dh branyan ss ramirez c aj p lf pierre

carlos torres called up for hudson.

Haha no. Have you seen Figgins this year? He's hitting the ball with zero authority. I'm kind of glad we didn't give him 4 and 36.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
I’d rather Williams get another Starter for the rotation considering Danial Hudson isn’t gonna cut it and Garcia’s wheels are falling off.

There's next to no quality starters out there right now. Very weak market for pitching.

The most exciting pitcher out there is Scott Downs right now, apparently.

And the Twins would have to give up quite a bit to get Marcum.

NL West teams are bombarding the Royals with interest in Scott Podsednik, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (via Twitter). Rosenthal suggests the Giants, Padres and Dodgers could be fits. The Giants and Padres have been linked to outfielders for weeks now and Dodgers GM Ned Colletti recently said he wants to add outfield depth.

Podsednik, 34, has a .309/.353/.399 line with 29 steals in 41 attempts. It's a carbon copy of the season he put together last year, when he batted .304/.353/.412 with 30 steals in 43 attempts. Teams know what they're getting in Podsednik: a speedy left fielder who can play center and get on base.

The Royals signed Podsednik to a team-friendly deal that guarantees the outfielder $1.65MM this season (about $580K remains). The team has an option for 2011 worth $2MM, but Podsednik will likely be able to void it. He had 421 plate appearances entering today's action and needs just 525 to neutralize the option.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:01 AM)
what a horrible article.

Takes so many quotes of out context and wraps them around some illusional reality he's created somehow in his mind. Ugly ugly ugly.

Yea it's David Haugh. Doesn't surprise me at all.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)

If the article had been written in really bad English with a bunch of swear words you'd think it was written by Ozzie. God forbid KW tells the truth. Everyone knows he's looking to make deals. I'm tired of hearing that it's the team chemistry that is causing the winning ways. Chemistry does play a part, a big part even, but enough is enough with Mark Kotsay rolling up double plays.