7/15 - Sox @ Minnesota

Heads22

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
I have nothing against the Pierre bunt, it was fine and he almost beat it out... it ended up giving our 2 best hitters a chance to tie or even take the lead in game hard to argue against it.

If you're going to bunt with Pierre, why not just do a hit-and-run? He's one of the best in baseball over the last few decades at making contact when he swings.

Because if the pitcher throws a ball on a hit and run Beckham is hung out to dry? This pitcher has little control, Pierre at least can take a walk (if hes bunting). With hit and run you need a pitcher who is close to the strike zone.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
I can't believe they left Burnett out there. He had NO CONTROL last inning, and is still proving he doesn't have any this inning either.

I know. I can't believe he was left in after the Quentin at-bat.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 02:55 AM)
Because if the pitcher throws a ball on a hit and run Beckham is hung out to dry? This pitcher has little control, Pierre at least can take a walk (if hes bunting). With hit and run you need a pitcher who is close to the strike zone.

Exactly, so why bunt on the first pitch?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
If I was the manager Id just tell Kotsay dont swing at anything until you have 2 strikes and even than only if its down the middle.

Funny, that's exactly what happened. 3-2 pitch was right down the middle.

How is Burnett still in? I know you don't want to be on your 3rd pitcher in the 5th, but this is a big game.

You dont know waht the call was on the first pitch. It may have been Pierre's choice. He got a great bunt down, and it took a great play by Mauer to get him.

Youre acting like Pierre is Frank Thomas in his prime and how can you take the bat away. Hes fricking Juan Pierre.

BALK

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Funny, that's exactly what happened. 3-2 pitch was right down the middle.

How is Burnett still in? I know you don't want to be on your 3rd pitcher in the 5th, but this is a big game.

Probably anticipating this could be a loooongg 4 game series for their pen.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
You dont know waht the call was on the first pitch. It may have been Pierre's choice. He got a great bunt down, and it took a great play by Mauer to get him.

Youre acting like Pierre is Frank Thomas in his prime and how can you take the bat away. Hes fricking Juan Pierre.

Great play? Every catcher in baseball makes that play. In a game where the Twins have struggled to retire our hitters, I just hate giving up easy outs (ie: Vizquel tagging)