Putz for Closer

Quin

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with Putz as closer is it will make our 7th/8th inning relief weaker. Santos cannot be counted on, and let's face it, our starting pitchers have no prayer of keeping up the torrid pace they were on.

You just switch Putz for Jenks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 04:45 PM)
Great, cause we know how well Jenks does when he doesn't have the late inning adrenaline.

I just realized this.

Seriously, Kenny needs to go down to Ozzie and be like "No more Bobby with 3 run lead bull"

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
I just realized this.

Seriously, Kenny needs to go down to Ozzie and be like "No more Bobby with 3 run lead bull"

Not gonna happen. There's not an organization in sports that exhibits more blind loyalty than ours. I've been saying for the last two years that Jerry Krause, the worst GM of the modern era, would still be the Bulls' GM if he hadn't quit.

Rumor on Royals postgame the Sox are trying to get Soria/DeJesus, so you'll all be happy when fat Bobby is replaced and we give up all our young prospects with potential.

It really would be smart of KC to try to swoop in and steal Flowers, et. all, cause they need a catcher.

Fat Bobby had been pretty damn automatic until he went home for the serious family issue. I refuse to bury the whale over one bad outing. GO BOBBY!

lol one bad outing. he was hot for like a month. his ERA is working on 5.

Check my posts. I said you'd all have a meltdown when he finally blew one. After giving him little credit when he was nasty recently.

What have you done for me lately, baby?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
Rumor on Royals postgame the Sox are trying to get Soria/DeJesus, so you'll all be happy when fat Bobby is replaced and we give up all our young prospects with potential.

It really would be smart of KC to try to swoop in and steal Flowers, et. all, cause they need a catcher.

Fat Bobby had been pretty damn automatic until he went home for the serious family issue. I refuse to bury the whale over one bad outing. GO BOBBY!

If this is true, I'm oozing joy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
Check my posts. I said you'd all have a meltdown when he finally blew one. After giving him little credit when he was nasty recently.

What have you done for me lately, baby?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7285/s...tkWrKdfq7WFCLcF

Take all the credit you want for June, he was unhittable and a ERA of .75 and a WHIP of .67 is some s*** from a video game. But don't pretend like April and May didn't happen. Especially May when he was a glorified pitching machine (they were hitting .355 off him, among other terrible stats) and you made it a point to talk about how he'd only blown one save.

Look, after he has dominated for the past month, I think it is pretty ignorant for us all to b**** and moan at one bad outing over a pretty good sample size.

He did struggle in April, May, but the guy more often than not has been a pretty reliable closer. Overpaid, certainly, gone at the end of the year, probably.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
Look, after he has dominated for the past month, I think it is pretty ignorant for us all to b**** and moan at one bad outing over a pretty good sample size.

He did struggle in April, May, but the guy more often than not has been a pretty reliable closer. Overpaid, certainly, gone at the end of the year, probably.

His fastball was 92-94 today with essentially no command.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
If this is true, I'm oozing joy.

i think theyre both really good players and would love to have them too obviously but idk..the royals players we have gotten so far havent worked out at all.

If your the closer and have a three run lead, the worst thing you can do is walk the first two batters. I wouldn't have minded the blow save if they would have actually hit their way to four runs but the fact that we had three walks in the ninth is unacceptable (2 for bob, 1 for santos). Walking two leadoff batters is not the way to pitch as a closer.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
i think theyre both really good players and would love to have them too obviously but idk..the royals players we have gotten so far havent worked out at all.

No one ever touches that bullpen. Soria-Putz-Thornton-Jenks-Santos-Pena-Threets is a murder's row (I assume Linebrink would be gone, though Sergio could be dealt)

Also, a lineup of DeJesus-Resurgent Gordon-Rios-Paulie-Quentin-Teahen-Alexei-AJ-Pierre would be wonderful. I'd assume Viciedo & Kotsay would be the odd men out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
After the game, Jenks said his sinker, cutter, and slider weren't working. How about your 4 seamer and curve...you know, the two pitches that got you into the majors?

This.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)
No one ever touches that bullpen. Soria-Putz-Thornton-Jenks-Santos-Pena-Threets is a murder's row (I assume Linebrink would be gone, though Sergio could be dealt)

This.

if we think jenks is bad,hes even worse in non save situations, wed have to trade him

As someone who watches virtually every pitch of every White Sox game, Bobby has looked very inconsistent and at times bad for the best part of two seasons; and should be replaced.

As someone who plays fantasy baseball for keeps and follows the entire mlb closely, the idea that a proven veteran closer that only has two blown saves could be replaced, is flat out retarded.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
Also, a lineup of DeJesus-Resurgent Gordon-Rios-Paulie-Quentin-Teahen-Alexei-AJ-Pierre would be wonderful. I'd assume Viciedo & Kotsay would be the odd men out.

This is Ozzie we're talking about. He'll be hitting 3rd daily.