White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
God damnit Jake Peavy.

And Kenny, our collective hearts can't handle this every year...and I'm going to tonights game.

Have fun watching Tony Pena pitch for 3-4 innings after an implosion by Carlos Torres or Lucas Harrell. This A's team is what every young pitcher in his first start should not face. They're too patient.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
We're basically giving the game away tonight if we don't throw Hudson. Ugh...

They aren't playing the Yankees and they won't be just throwing the game away. They could easily let Pena throw four innings and then make the rest of the bullpen work through the game. Pena for four, Linebrink for one, Threets for one, and then Santos/Thorton/Jenks/Putz fill in. It's not the end of the world. Odds are Hudson would've gone five innings and gave up four runs anyway.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:06 AM)
Have fun watching Tony Pena pitch for 3-4 innings after an implosion by Carlos Torres or Lucas Harrell. This A's team is what every young pitcher in his first start should not face. They're too patient.

Who cares, it's Mullet Night!!

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
Cowley is seriously throwing some fuel on the fire.

it has to be a name that KW is going after that isn't on the radar because no names left would be major, unless somehow he pulls off Dunn and a quality SP, which would be amazing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
I still think it will be Tony Pena starting tonight. No way Torres starts after going 75 pitches last night.

Harrell's already on the 40 man is scheduled to go tonight for Charlotte, he makes the most sense as of right now even if he does suck.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
They aren't playing the Yankees and they won't be just throwing the game away. They could easily let Pena throw four innings and then make the rest of the bullpen work through the game. Pena for four, Linebrink for one, Threets for one, and then Santos/Thorton/Jenks/Putz fill in. It's not the end of the world. Odds are Hudson would've gone five innings and gave up four runs anyway.

The A's hit our bad pitchers pretty well in Oakland.

Who the heck could we be grabbing? I can't think of any big name guys out there.

Would the Indians deal us Carmona? Are we about to acquire Prince Fielder for Hudson and other pitching? Please tell me Bautista isn't the guy we are gonig to get?

All I know is, if we trade Huddy for a bat, Kenny won't be done and than we have to wonder what pitcher is on its way. The one thing I like about getting a pitcher like Jackson is that I think he could be effective in the post-season, when power pitching becomes more king. I just wish we would be able to acquire him without giving up Huddy, thus allowing the Sox to package Huddy for a big bat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
I still think it will be Tony Pena starting tonight. No way Torres starts after going 75 pitches last night.

No doubt. Makes you wonder why they even pitched him last night. Why wouldn't they have pushed him back? They had to have known Hudson might be moving.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
Cowley

If I had names I would report them. All I've been told is it's big. Also been told that the chance of Hudson starting tonight is almost zero

Jackson-Hudson deal is not off, it's just being delayed while KW tries to shock the world. Hudson for Jackson might still happen either way.

I told you Hudson wouldn't be starting tonight. This is getting wild folks.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
The A's hit our bad pitchers pretty well in Oakland.

Yes they did. And the Sox are hitting very well as a team right now as well...and have won 11 games in a row at home. Just because the great Daniel Hudson most likely won't pitch tonight doesn't mean the Sox are "giving" the game away.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
Harrell's already on the 40 man is scheduled to go tonight for Charlotte, he makes the most sense as of right now even if he does suck.

God, he's got a 73 Ks and 53 walks? That real bad.

QUOTE (kane0730 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
No doubt. Makes you wonder why they even pitched him last night. Why wouldn't they have pushed him back? They had to have known Hudson might be moving.

They didn't pitch him tonight...see my earlier post about how he warmed up, and then mysteriously sat down.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)

On the bright side, Harrel is a veteran, good guy, so he might be the most likely to kind of be able to handle the atmospher to an extent for 1 start. But he isn't a big leaguer. No one in our system is. Torres could work short-term, but you can't have Freddy and Torres as your 4/5. Especially not when Garcia is throwing way more innings than he has in a long long time.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:09 AM)
Who the heck could we be grabbing? I can't think of any big name guys out there.

Would the Indians deal us Carmona? Are we about to acquire Prince Fielder for Hudson and other pitching? Please tell me Bautista isn't the guy we are gonig to get?

All I know is, if we trade Huddy for a bat, Kenny won't be done and than we have to wonder what pitcher is on its way. The one thing I like about getting a pitcher like Jackson is that I think he could be effective in the post-season, when power pitching becomes more king. I just wish we would be able to acquire him without giving up Huddy, thus allowing the Sox to package Huddy for a big bat.

That's why I find this interesting:

cst_sox

Jackson-Hudson deal is not off, it's just being delayed while KW tries to shock the world. Hudson for Jackson might still happen either way. 7 minutes ago via web

I don't know if that's personally opinion, confusion or good info but it's interesting none the less. KW somehow picks up a bat without including Hudson then still flips Hudson for starter.