Game Thread: White Sox (60-46) @ Detroit (53-53) 6:05pm CDT

I've been on Soxtalk for two years and this is my first game thread. Let's do this! :headbang:

White Sox at Detroit, 6:05pm CDT.

Edwin Jackson's White Sox debut against Galarraga. Let's have our offense feast off Galarraga and get Edwin his first win with the White Sox! C'mon Coop, lets see how you helped fix Jackson!

Sox are 60-46 right now, just 30 more wins from 90 wins, lets do it!

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Rotoworld saying Inge may play tonight.

I for sure thought he was out on the season, I saw on the Tigers broadcast that he was doing his rehab starts in the minors.

PS. Chris Sale in the house - MGonzales

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
I for sure thought he was out on the season, I saw on the Tigers broadcast that he was doing his rehab starts in the minors.

PS. Chris Sale in the house - MGonzales

I got to see Chris pitch a 1 2 3 7th inning about a week ago. He hit 96 mph 3 times...

chris_sale.JPG

Three things that come to mind with Jackson

#1) He is going to be pitching in front of a much better defense. He may not be a great pitcher, but pitching behind a good defense should result in fewer runs crossing the plate.

#2) If the Sox decide to add moving fastball to his repertoire - either a cutter or a slider - he could be much improved come next season.

#3) Beyond any of this, he has to improve his command. He simply can't walk as many as he has and maintain any level of success.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
So that does what to their IF, moves Peralta to SS? He's been mostly below average there, according to UZR.

I really don't understand why wouldn't they go for an OF if Inge was coming back that soon.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
f***ing Kotsay again. Unreal.

*shakes head*

The violent shaking of your head added a soft breeze and pushed Kotsay's fly ball another 0.37 inches. If we get enough people doing that, he'll finally get the ball over the fence!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
Come back soon Espy.

I just don't get it. He can't hit righties or lefties so why have him as a DH? Just plug in Frodo or the Tank.

Hmm...that could be a good sitcom, Frodo and The Tank.

Or Stealth Elf and The Tank

Law and Order Elven Tank

Tank the Elf Slayer

Edited by BigSqwert