Sox @ Indians

Heads22

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
How much playing time would Jones be good for? I'd take him over Q next year, but I'm not sure he could play more than 100 games.

Not sure...but if he comes to ST "in the best shape of his life" and we continue to have 4+ guys who's "versatility can't be replaced" then it won't matter if we only get 100 games out of him. I'd rather him hit .240 with the same power numbers as Quentin so we could at least have someone in right who looks like he's ever seen a fly ball.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
When's the last time a pennant contender relied on two relievers with as little experience pitching in the minors as Santos and Sale?

not relievers, but Prior was in the minors for a very short period before the cubs called him up. Other than that, Im at a loss for your question

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Not sure...but if he comes to ST "in the best shape of his life" and we continue to have 4+ guys who's "versatility can't be replaced" then it won't matter if we only get 100 games out of him. I'd rather him hit .240 with the same power numbers as Quentin so we could at least have someone in right who looks like he's ever seen a fly ball.

Agree. His defense is leaps and bounds above Q's.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2010 -> 12:39 PM)
Carlos Quentin, 810 OPS

Andruw Jones, 800 OPS

I think we might have passed the Rays the past month for not having the worst DH numbers in the AL.

Somehow they managed to win 81 games and are a game behind the Yanks.