9/8 GT: Sox @ Detroit - 6:05pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
I'm a couple losses away from giving up on the season. It just wasn't meant to be. And it's sad. If we could've played at least .500 ball in April/May we'd probably be in the lead right now.

Ifs, and would haves....

If we played 500 ball in April/May

If we could beat teams in our division.

If we didnt take a few series off against bad teams in August.

The formula for winning the central is simple. Beat up on bad teams, play 500 ball against good teams, and beat your division. That is the formula for winning it. The only reason we are here is becaused we beat up on the NL and had a historic run due to that. Take a look at our record against the AL, and then look at our divisional record. We are the reason that we are in this peril at this point of the season.

We have had a 7 to 8 game swing in the standings over the last month with the Twins. We had it, and we pissed it away. Hopefully someone can explain this offseason what the f*** the plan is. Because I don't see any direction from anyone.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
Ifs, and would haves....

The formula for winning the central is simple. Beat up on bad teams, play 500 ball against good teams, and beat your division. That is the formula for winning it. The only reason we are here is becaused we beat up on the NL and had a historic run due to that. Take a look at our record against the AL, and then look at our divisional record. We are the reason that we are in this peril at this point of the season.

We have had a 7 to 8 game swing in the standings over the last month with the Twins. We had it, and we pissed it away. Hopefully someone can explain this offseason what the f*** the plan is. Because I don't see any direction from anyone.

Whatever the plan, Guillen should have no say

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
Ifs, and would haves....

You're right. I'm just getting sick of getting punked by the same f***ing team every year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
To actually pitch over an error? Danks has been far from spectacular since the ASB. Of course, pitching on 3 days rest is a pretty bad idea.

Yeah...I know Oz just said in press "nobody cares what you did in April, May...", the fact remains, where would you be if those games had ben lost? Out of the race sooner. That's an assinine (sp) attitude. Danks carried us in the early months. Thanks for knowing that....Sox fans...

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
So there's been a 9 game swing from where we would have been if we won that Sunday game vs the Twins after the ASB to now. Plain and simple, Twins deserve the AL Central with their amazing play since the ASB. The better team will have won.

The annual white sox piddle down their leg post ASB baseball that we play around here. Time for some changes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
So there's been a 9 game swing from where we would have been if we won that Sunday game vs the Twins after the ASB to now. Plain and simple, Twins deserve the AL Central with their amazing play since the ASB. The better team will have won.

Yep the Twins are the better team i hate to say. They beat us when they had to and they haven't lost much since. I just can't see us sweeping a team as hot as them and thats what they will HAVE to do now being 5.5 games back. There is NO WAY Minny loses any ground in Cleveland.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
Yep the Twins are the better team i hate to say. They beat us when they had to and they haven't lost much since. I just can't see us sweeping a team as hot as them and thats what they will HAVE to do now being 5.5 games back. There is NO WAY Minny loses any ground in Cleveland.

They also beat Cleveland and KC early and often. We should have, but did not

QUOTE (chiguy79 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
Great attitude AJ, sayanora if that is the case...thanks for sucking the entire first half of the season...there will be some big changes next year that is for sure.

QUOTE (hometeamfan @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 01:24 AM)
Sick and tired of watching AJ hit ground balls...... Hope "HE GONE" next year!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (11and1 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 01:43 AM)
But the Hawks drop the puck in a little more than a month.

Always entertaining.

Quote one and two: Better hope AJ doesn't go to a Central Division team. It'll be the same ol s***. He'll hit .400 against us and kick our ass.

I can't believe how long hockey season is. I mean, doesn't it seem like they just had the parade?

God, I can't imagine one of the Hawks having to play again this soon after winning it all.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
Quote one and two: Better hope AJ doesn't go to a Central Division team. It'll be the same ol s***. He'll hit .400 against us and kick our ass.

I can't believe how long hockey season is. I mean, doesn't it seem like they just had the parade?

God, I can't imagine one of the Hawks having to play again this soon after winning it all.

Well, when you are in the playoffs, the season is REAL long. It's over an extra month of play. Were talking like 4+ months off before the season starts again. That's roughly the same as baseball if you play until the end of October.