Eastbound and Down Season 2, September 26th

Kyyle23

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never watched this show because I don't have HBO; so, I went onto YouTube and watched what was titled as the "funniest scenes in season 1." I couldn't make it past about 1:30. I tried again, and moved forward to find other scenes, then exited out after about 2 minutes.

I don't get it.

Where's the humor?

Is the character continually cursing and being crass - to the point of the embarrassment or discomfort of others - supposed to be funny?

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 04:54 PM)
I've never watched this show because I don't have HBO; so, I went onto YouTube and watched what was titled as the "funniest scenes in season 1." I couldn't make it past about 1:30. I tried again, and moved forward to find other scenes, then exited out after about 2 minutes.

I don't get it.

Where's the humor?

Is the character continually cursing and being crass - to the point of the embarrassment or discomfort of others - supposed to be funny?

I think you just have to watch it all the way through. It's a very small time commitment since there are only 6 episodes in season 1 and they're 30 minutes each. It's a love it or hate it kind of show from what I've gathered from people.

Edited by BigSqwert

Yeah, you have to see it all to appreciate the Kenny Powers humor. Judging 180 minutes based on 1:30 isnt really going to help. That would be like watching Anchorman and picking out "I love lamp" and "It smells like raw gasoline" and "Go f*** Yourself San Diego" out of context. Its not really going to seem all that funny

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
I did love the tits vs ass and Jews vs Muslims comparisons.

That really was the absolute peak of that episode. I am still laughing about it. This line in episode two was pretty priceless, too...

"There is no 'I' in team but there is a 'U' in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s."

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
I think you just have to watch it all the way through. It's a very small time commitment since there are only 6 episodes in season 1 and they're 30 minutes each. It's a love it or hate it kind of show from what I've gathered from people.

I agree w/ him needing to watch the show all the way through, but I disagree w/ people saying it's a love/hate show. I have yet to meet ANYONE who dislikes the show. Just like The League, it's a sport show that everyone I have come in contact loves (the ones that have seen the show, that is)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
I agree w/ him needing to watch the show all the way through, but I disagree w/ people saying it's a love/hate show. I have yet to meet ANYONE who dislikes the show. Just like The League, it's a sport show that everyone I have come in contact loves (the ones that have seen the show, that is)

I'm not a huge fan of the show. The language and stuff just gets old and unfunny after awhile.

I loved the Hulk Hogan entrance though.