Kenny & Ozzie at it again

Real

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 06:06 PM)
Florida will fall in love with Ozzie Guillen. He is a rising star; already has one WS title before 50. Should get many more here, but too bad much of the fan base could not just accept the fact he knows what he's doing.

Yes Florida will. You have the correct take on this.

QUOTE (scenario @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
Pujols is on record as saying where LaRussa goes, he goes, isn't he?

chicagobreakingsports.com -

"I hope he can continue to be my manager for the rest of my career," Pujols said. "But that's not my job, and I don't make those decisions. I think this city should be appreciative of the things he has accomplished in his 15 years as manager in this organization. Hopefully, he'll be here next year and for the rest of my career."

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
Konerko who?

You know, Paul Konerko - the Sox future DH and backup 1B to Albert Pujols - that Paul Konerko.

Seriously, I never heard that Pujols said wherever Larussa goes he goes. And although I was never a big Tony Larussa fan, if that quote from Pujols is true I hope the Sox hire Larussa early next month.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
This might add a little fuel to the fire, Ozzie just posted a link to the Sun-Times article about him wanting an extension.

The Sox are on an eight game losing streak and the jerk says he wants an extension. Talk about bad timing. Either Ozzie thinks he's entitled to the Sox manager job for life or he's intentionally trying to force the issue so they will let him quit and release him from his contract.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
You know, Paul Konerko - the Sox future DH and backup 1B to Albert Pujols - that Paul Konerko.

Seriously, I never heard that Pujols said wherever Larussa goes he goes. And although I was never a big Tony Larussa fan, if that quote from Pujols is true I hope the Sox hire Larussa early next month.

If this is true then I'd like to amend each of my stated opinions concerning the hiring of LaRussa. Drink n Drive, run over kids, I don't care. Pujols is my price to sell off integrity.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)
The Sox are on an eight game losing streak and the jerk says he wants an extension. Talk about bad timing. Either Ozzie thinks he's entitled to the Sox manager job for life or he's intentionally trying to force the issue so they will let him quit and release him from his contract.

DING DING DING... we have a winnah!!!

I think he's trying to force Sox management's hand.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
I don't know if Pujols is enough to make me feel good about Larussa being the Sox manager again.

Please no.

Agree. Despite all of Ozzie's ramblings/poor choice of personnel along with his spoiled son's behavior, I'd rather have Ozzie at the helm than that douchebag Tony LaRussa.

And Reinsdorf knows who the White Sox face of the franchise is and that's Ozzie (Whether fans like it or not). No way he lets him go, esp in light of weak attendance figures this yr and next yr. I see JR keeping Ozzie, bumping up KW and Hahn taking over as GM.