2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
Second time in Twolves history a player has scored 35+ points in back to back games. Only the 15th time in team history that two players have scored 30+ in the same game.

Beasley was the man down the stretch. He wanted the ball, wanted to take the shots, and he nailed them. These last two games have been amazing for him, and really a great look at the type of player he could become with more consistency.

It was noticed. Trust me :P

Beasley seems like the kind of player that will be fine as long as there isn't any pressure. Give him another star or two to play with, and keep him out of places like NYC and he should be a good player.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
Dennis Rodman's career high in rebounds was 34... in case you were wondering

Last person to put up 30 rebounds was Barkley in 1996.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
Felix, your Wolves may not win a lot of games but they could be fun to watch is Beasley stays out of trouble and Flynn comes back.

I still have the Wolves pegged for ~30 wins. Are we going to be in contention for a playoff spot? No. But are we in a much better position than we were last year or the year before? Most certainly. This team has potential, and is still incredibly young with some good core players. I don't think the playoffs are too far away in the future (maybe two or three seasons), assuming normal player development occurs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
Beasley seems like the kind of player that will be fine as long as there isn't any pressure. Give him another star or two to play with, and keep him out of places like NYC and he should be a good player.

I think part of his problem was his age when he first went to Miami. He's still only 21 years old, and his expectations out of college were enormous. He's got little to no pressure here in Minnesota, and he'll finally have a chance to develop without people over-analyzing everything he does. It's really a great situation for him.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Felix, your Wolves may not win a lot of games but they could be fun to watch is Beasley stays out of trouble and Flynn comes back.

Are they ever gonna get Rubio or did he wash his hands of Minnesota

Edited by T R U

Per ESPN:

Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose and Utah Jazz point guard Deron Williams were named Eastern and Western Conference players of the week.

Rose averaged 21.3 points in leading the Bulls to a 3-0 record during the week of Nov. 8-14. Rose shot 43 percent from the field.

"I guess I'm playing good basketball, doing whatever it takes for my team to win," Rose said. "I'm happy that I got the award."

Williams led the Jazz to a 4-0 mark while averaging 23 points on 46 percent shooting. He also averaged 11.8 assists and 4.0 rebounds.

Congrats to both Rose and Deron (my favorite non-Bull) :cheers

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Per ESPN:

Congrats to both Rose and Deron (my favorite non-Bull) :cheers

Deron Williams has straight pissed on all those that said he'd never cut it as an elite PG. They thought he was too thick? lol. As a black man, thick is never a bad thing.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
Deron Williams has straight pissed on all those that said he'd never cut it as an elite PG. They thought he was too thick? lol. As a black man, thick is never a bad thing.

I don't think there was that many people that doubted him. He's good. That being said, I still hate him with a passion.

QUOTE (T R U @ Nov 15, 2010 -> 11:42 AM)
Are they ever gonna get Rubio or did he wash his hands of Minnesota

Yes

No

Also, Kevin Love averaged 20+ points and 20+ rebounds on the week and didn't win PotW. lol

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
What I'm saying is the Bulls line wouldn't be so slanted if Kurt Thomas wasn't include don the left hand side. However, as the 2nd oldest player in the league, and the Bulls having a relatively young roster outside of Thomas, it's not very accurate(not at fault of the list, those are the rules.)

Then don't worry about the slope, and worry instead about where they are on the RH side and what teams are above and below them.

Rose 4-5 from downtown - he's no Ben Gordon yet but he's getting better.

He only made 16 in each of the past 2 seasons and he's already (72 and 60 attempts) and now he's already got 11 this year in 9 games. His 3PT% is creeping up steadily.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Nov 16, 2010 -> 10:30 PM)
CJ Watson has been as bad, if not worse IMO.

You are right about this. Except he didn't turn it on at the end of the game like Brewer. One of them really has to go. I would kill to have Hinrich back.