2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 12:36 PM)
How so? As long as Kobe is healthy, they have a shot. The west is not that good.

Even if Kobe is healthy...they'd be absolutely out of their minds to push both him (and Gasol) that hard in the regular season. Going full-out for 82 games to try to get to 72, then having to face 4 more playoff rounds after that, after having long finals runs the last few years, on aging bodies with injury histories?

Yeah you might be able to pull it off, but I might be able to break my arm and then suddenly learn I have a 99 mph fastball and lead the White Sox to the world series.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
Even if Kobe is healthy...they'd be absolutely out of their minds to push both him (and Gasol) that hard in the regular season. Going full-out for 82 games to try to get to 72, then having to face 4 more playoff rounds after that, after having long finals runs the last few years, on aging bodies with injury histories?

Yeah you might be able to pull it off, but I might be able to break my arm and then suddenly learn I have a 99 mph fastball and lead the White Sox to the world series.

Billy Wagner, is that you?

Yeah, I just can't imagine a Phil Jackson-led team going for the record and playing their starter's big minutes at 69-9 or anything like that... :shades

Going full-out for 82 games to try to get to 72, then having to face 4 more playoff rounds after that, after having long finals runs the last few years, on aging bodies with injury histories?

Couldn't you say the same thing about that Bulls team that won the division by 20 games?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
Yeah, I just can't imagine a Phil Jackson-led team going for the record and playing their starter's big minutes at 69-9 or anything like that... :shades

Jordan was about the same age as Kobe is now, but had only played 17 total games the two seasons combined, so I don't think rest was as big of a deal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 01:26 PM)
Jordan was about the same age as Kobe is now, but had only played 17 total games the two seasons combined, so I don't think rest was as big of a deal.

Plus, there's the whole "Kobe was in the NBA at 18", and the whole "Long, long championship runs when he was in his early 20's" that have built up minutes on Kobe.

And I don't think Scottie had the kind of injury history that Gasol and Bynum have.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 03:41 AM)
That was a good game. The sad part though is a stadium that looked to be at 70% capacity and Lebron James entirely disinterested. What a waste of talent.

Chris Bosh... LOL.

It's officially the Big Two plus Chris Bosh...

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
No, they absolutely don't.

No offense to Brian, but it's amazing how often a team starts out 8-0 or 9-0 or even 15-1 and automatically they're in the running to win 72 games+. I don't think people, even Bulls fans, truly comprehend how special that '96 team was.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
No offense to Brian, but it's amazing how often a team starts out 8-0 or 9-0 or even 15-1 and automatically they're in the running to win 72 games+. I don't think people, even Bulls fans, truly comprehend how special that '96 team was.

Seriously, I dont think people understand how ridiculous that record is. That team won a ridiculous 33 road games.

No one is saying it will happen, and the likelihood is not high... I just pointed out that everyone said the record is safe when the best team in basketball is 8-0.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
Seriously, I dont think people understand how ridiculous that record is. That team won a ridiculous 33 road games.

When you look at it, 8 of the 10 games they lost they easily could've won. But to be fair, they won games they had no business winning. I was 13 or 14 at the time. It's just amazing feeling watching a game thinking your team is just going to win. No matter what. They're going to find a way to win. And I don't even think that team was the best of the title bunch. Give me the '92 team over the '96 team 7 days a week. But there was just something about that '96 team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
When you look at it, 8 of the 10 games they lost they easily could've won. But to be fair, they won games they had no business winning. I was 13 or 14 at the time. It's just amazing feeling watching a game thinking your team is just going to win. No matter what. They're going to find a way to win. And I don't even think that team was the best of the title bunch. Give me the '92 team over the '96 team 7 days a week. But there was just something about that '96 team.

I remember they lost 2 straight games in February, I was like wow how'd that happen?

No offense taken. I remember the 96 team like it was yesterday. It was crazy. I miss the Bulls being up big and the home crowd screaming for a Rodman 3.

I see your point and I remember a few years ago when Dallas was out to an insane start and I knew they had no shot at 70 because they couldn't defens a lick. Lakers can defend and rebound.

I don't think they will win 70 but they have a better shot than any team this year. IMO

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Chris Bosh's usage numbers have gone through the floor now that he's just a 3rd option.

It doesn't seem like the Heat are getting as much efficiency out of that offense as they should be. It's like, at any given time, their offense is one-dimensional and runs through either LeBron or Wade.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
It doesn't seem like the Heat are getting as much efficiency out of that offense as they should be. It's like, at any given time, their offense is one-dimensional and runs through either LeBron or Wade.

There's only so many offensive touches the Big Two plus Chris Bosh can have.

They'll be better when Miller gets back though. They really need some good perimeter players to space out the floor more.

I think the bigger isue they have is the lack of interior defense against quality PF's. Bosh can easily be exploited down low.