2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
This is why the NBA sucks at times, the refs have totally changed parts of the game with no calls and phantom fouls.

The only thing that has been worse than the officiating (on both ends of the floor really) has been the Bulls team defense to this point.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
This is why the NBA sucks at times, the refs have totally changed parts of the game with no calls and phantom fouls.

I just turned the game on, but you can't blame a 20-point deficit on the refs.

And trust me, I know something about 20-point deficits in the first half :P

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
If I was the GM or owned the Bulls, Id fire the coach before he even got back to the locker room. There is just no excuse for this, the Bulls had a legitimate shot and they dont put in their damn best player.

I cant even fathom this, what the hell.

Two or three best players. The only thing I can think of is that Thibs was unhappy with Rose's perimeter defense. Or maybe someone was hurt.

The Knicks shot insane from 3. Most players wont hit 70% if there is no defense on the court.

And you can tell the only reason Rose was hurt was that his coach was playing CJ 1-7 Watson over him while he sat next to Noah and lost an inexcusable game.

Even the announcers were killing Thibs in the end.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 09:44 PM)
If I was the GM or owned the Bulls, Id fire the coach before he even got back to the locker room. There is just no excuse for this, the Bulls had a legitimate shot and they dont put in their damn best player.

I cant even fathom this, what the hell.

This is why you have a second team... MAYBE just MAYBE they get hot and pull you close enough (in this case within 9) and then you bring out the big boys, keep the momentum going, and stomp their asses.

Or, if you are TT, you let CJ and Ronnie run the show.

Exactly, the second team brought them back, now you bring in your best players who are fresh to try and win the game.

You dont just sit there and hope the Knicks will keep missing every shot and that CJ Watson will throw the ball to Korver and pray.

l

Rose can throw the ball to Korver just as well.

just got back from the game....a couple things...that woman ref missed at least 4 calls in the first half alone...she was terrible

Rose horrendous defensively, unstoppable offensively. no doubt thibadeau was trying to send a message, though i don't agree with it . Unfortunately for some dumb f***ing reason he sat Taj (who had a great 1st 8 minutes) and played Scalarbine for like 7 straight horrendously played minutes in the second. Thibs is to Scalabrine as what Ozzie is to Kotsay it appears.

Also, I have no idea why ronnie brewer isn't starting. I understand Thibs likes Bogans D, but brewer is no slouch defensively

oh and 16 of 23 on threes is absurd....most teams in the league wont shoot that well all year

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
Rose horrendous defensively, unstoppable offensively. no doubt thibadeau was trying to send a message, though i don't agree with it . Unfortunately for some dumb f***ing reason he sat Taj (who had a great 1st 8 minutes) and played Scalarbine for like 7 straight horrendously played minutes in the second. Thibs is to Scalabrine as what Ozzie is to Kotsay it appears.
You have to figure that is only a temporary situation, when (if?) Boozer comes back Scal's minutes have to be the first to go. Even if Gibson is playing well though, I don't mind being a little bit careful with his minutes, after he's already dealt with the foot problems last year.

Also, I have no idea why ronnie brewer isn't starting. I understand Thibs likes Bogans D, but brewer is no slouch defensively

oh and 16 of 23 on threes is absurd....most teams in the league wont shoot that well all year

The Bulls' backcourt is killing them right now. They're getting a ton of production out of the PG spot on offense, but they're not getting any O out of the SG spot, and neither guard position seems to be doing anything productive on defense.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 08:16 AM)
You have to figure that is only a temporary situation, when (if?) Boozer comes back Scal's minutes have to be the first to go. Even if Gibson is playing well though, I don't mind being a little bit careful with his minutes, after he's already dealt with the foot problems last year.

The Bulls' backcourt is killing them right now. They're getting a ton of production out of the PG spot on offense, but they're not getting any O out of the SG spot, and neither guard position seems to be doing anything productive on defense.

The defense by the guards was horrible. Rose was getting toasted by Toney Freaking Douglass the entire game. They couldn't guard the three point stripe to save their lives. I know the percentage the Knicks shot was ridiculous, but at the same time, they almost all were wide open looks at the basket. No close outs, no fighting over the screens. Nothing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)
The defense by the guards was horrible. Rose was getting toasted by Toney Freaking Douglass the entire game. They couldn't guard the three point stripe to save their lives. I know the percentage the Knicks shot was ridiculous, but at the same time, they almost all were wide open looks at the basket. No close outs, no fighting over the screens. Nothing.

Not all of that was on the guards though. Alot of the pick and rolls were horribly defended by the entire team. If the Knicks dont knock down 70 percent of their 3's though the Bulls win that game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 08:50 AM)
Not all of that was on the guards though. Alot of the pick and rolls were horribly defended by the entire team. If the Knicks dont knock down 70 percent of their 3's though the Bulls win that game.

If the Bulls get over the screens on the shooters, the Knicks don't shoot 70%, nor nearly as many 3 point shots.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 09:50 AM)

You don't knock down 70% on contested 3's.