2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
An interesting/good problem the Bulls are going to have later in the season is how Thibs is going to cut down the rotation a little bit. It's nice having all these options but when Boozer comes back we're literally going to have 11 guys fighting for legit playing time and while that's certainly not a bad problem to have, an 11 man rotation is way too much.

Besides that though, I really do love the way this team looks. High expectations from me for these guys.

Id imagine when Boozer comes back it would make Scalabrine a permanent bench guy, I think Asik will still see the court some as backup C and Gibson always in foul trouble.

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 12:08 PM)
Id imagine when Boozer comes back it would make Scalabrine a permanent bench guy, I think Asik will still see the court some as backup C and Gibson always in foul trouble.

Wasn't even talking about Scal. Rose, Watson, Bogans, Brewer, Korver, Deng, JJ, Boozer, Taj, Noah, Asik

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Wasn't even talking about Scal. Rose, Watson, Bogans, Brewer, Korver, Deng, JJ, Boozer, Taj, Noah, Asik

Worth noting right now is that the 2 guard spot isn't really performing that well right now.

That said...a while back someone (KC?) wrote "The era of the undersized and scrappy Bulls is over". I think that's already proving fair. Not enough minutes to go around in the frontcourt...I'm not sure I'm going to complain.

I still feel like the frontcourt logjam may provide the makings of a trade come Feb.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 12:20 PM)
Worth noting right now is that the 2 guard spot isn't really performing that well right now.

That said...a while back someone (KC?) wrote "The era of the undersized and scrappy Bulls is over". I think that's already proving fair. Not enough minutes to go around in the frontcourt...I'm not sure I'm going to complain.

I still feel like the frontcourt logjam may provide the makings of a trade come Feb.

While I'm certainly not going to argue that, it should be a position where we don't need much offensive production from once Carlos comes back as long as Bogans/Brewer can continue to play solid defense on the other teams best perimeter player.

Agreed.

Good point.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)

Well I think Boozer/Noah are starters and Taj/Asik backup so those minutes are pretty much all taken care of. Dont know why Deng/Rose are mentioned since both be playing over 30 minutes a night. The only logjam is Bogans, Brewer, Korver, and JJ. I think Korver is going to be the primary backup at SF and JJ will gradually take most of the playing time at SG which leaves one of Bogans/Brewer as the odd man out. Since Brewer is paid more I'd assume he is the primary backup.

Edited by GoodAsGould

Magic-Knicks game postponed after cleaning of 'asbestos-related materials'

The Orlando Magic's game against the New York Knicks Tuesday night has been postponed.

After Monday's Rangers game, maintenance of Madison Square Garden included cleaning asbestos-related materials in the attic above the ceiling and some debris fell into the arena.

According to a press release from the Knicks: "Out of an abundance of caution, and after consulting the NBA, we are postponing tonight's Knicks v. Magic game. We will be working with the city and independent experts, ATC Associates and GCI Environmental Advisory, to evaluate and determine the most appropriate course of action. As the safety of our customers and employees are our top priority, we will not reopen the Garden until we are absolutely assured the Arena is safe."

No makeup date was immediately announced.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
Great, the Blackhawks were there Monday night. At least I'll know whats up if they come out a bit tired and out of breath tommorrow night

(Asbestos-related health problems really don't work that way, FWIW).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
More like Heat cruising to their 4th straight double digit victory. Except for the first half against Boston that team has looked awesome so far which really isn't surprising.

There's a photo of the game on the main page at espn.com. A lot of empty seats in Miami. That's pretty sad.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
More like Heat cruising to their 4th straight double digit victory. Except for the first half against Boston that team has looked awesome so far which really isn't surprising.

Wait, you mean the Heat are crushing the Timberwolves? That is shocking information.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 30, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
John Wall=Legit

I'll bump this quote for truth. He's going to be ridiculously good in a couple years. Struggling with TO's (which is usual for a rookie and a pass first PG) but man.. Nearly had a triple double with 20 points 13 assists and 9 steals. I didn't think his scoring touch would improve this quickly, but it has.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
Wait, you mean the Heat are crushing the Timberwolves? That is shocking information.

Of course it isn't surprising. More a response to some of the ridiculous overreactions I saw after the Heat's first game. Not you or really anyone on this board but there were a lot of people calling them overrated after one game.