2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 30, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
Next game's starting lineup should be:

Rose

Johnson

Deng (only because if he was benched, he'd be even more immovable)

Asik

Noah

You obviously haven't been watching the games to say that Asik should be starting over Taj Gibson.......of all the players so far in the two games, I've been most impressed with his improvement........

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
You obviously haven't been watching the games to say that Asik should be starting over Taj Gibson.......of all the players so far in the two games, I've been most impressed with his improvement........

Taj is legit.

Actually, what we're seeing here is the definitive reason that Carmelo Anthony should wind up on the Bulls, and that the Bulls' front office is so smart to hold out and wait for their price to drop to not including Noah... Taj/Deng/JJ some pick s***, there's enough in there that will eventually get the deal done.

Then you are looking at:

Rose

Bogans/KK/Watson

Melo

Boozer

Noah

And you are talking about a legit championship chance the next 4-5 years no matter who you cycle in and out of that SG position.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)

You haven't been watching the same thing I have, because Asik has a long way to go. You can see flashes of why the Bulls like him, but to me he looks like a high school or one year college draftee. I'm not at all impressed with his fundamentals. That will change with time, but he has a ways to go for sure. Taj is ready today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)
You haven't been watching the same thing I have, because Asik has a long way to go. You can see flashes of why the Bulls like him, but to me he looks like a high school or one year college draftee. I'm not at all impressed with his fundamentals. That will change with time, but he has a ways to go for sure. Taj is ready today.

I took his comment as Taj being the most improved and should be starting....

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 12:03 PM)

No, I have been watching the same thing you have, and I agree with you, which is why in my post I said to Quinarvy that saying Asik should start over Gibson is nonsense.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 12:07 PM)
I took his comment as Taj being the most improved and should be starting....

I'm not saying he is the most improved, however based on the expectations for Noah and Rose and their ceilings, I personally am quite impressed with how much Taj seems to have improved....although most imrpovement I'd probably have to give to Rose at this point, primarily due to his agressiveness and leadership he has displayed.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
I'm not saying he is the most improved, however based on the expectations for Noah and Rose and their ceilings, I personally am quite impressed with how much Taj seems to have improved....although most imrpovement I'd probably have to give to Rose at this point, primarily due to his agressiveness and leadership he has displayed.

I haven't seen much more than the Thunder game...but it sure seemed like Rose's passing had taken a step upwards in that game. Gibson and Noah got some excellent looks when the defense collapsed on Rose in the lane.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
It is game 3 of an 82 game season. STFU with the MVP chant.

They did it last game too. Gotta feeling you're going to be hearing that all season long at the UC. Agreed with what you said though.

What a mighty performance by the Bulls.

Incredible shooting night by Deng. Thing is...at least from what I saw, a whole lot of his looks were created by the DR1, who had a career high in assists, and by Deng actually moving around, rather than standing around near the 3 point line like he did in previous offensive incarnations. I wonder if that isn't the rule; if Deng moves, he'll have a good game, if he stands around he's ineffective.

DR1 has really, really stepped up his passing game. There were a few times on the break that he dumped off to feed Deng or one of the big guys, where in previous years he'd have just taken the contested shot. The ball movement right now is so much more effective than it was.

Another solid performance off the bench by Asik.

I couldn't really watch the whole game...not because there was other stuff on, but because there were SO many fouls called it made no sense to continue watching. Ugh. Made defense on Aldridge impossible, but the Bulls made up for that on the perimeter.

Boozer supposed to have his cast removed today.

That was just a fun game to watch. Deng looked brilliant and was just such an efficient scorer. The guy has the shot to be a consistent efficient scorer on offense and if he can play agressive he'll be a great fit for this offense along with Rose and Boozer (boozer should open up some more mid-range space for Deng).

Asik played well, although I was very dissapointed as a whole by our low post defense. Pretty non-existent on Aldridge at times, although at other times, Lamarcus just hit everything, even when contested.

Korver did a nice job coming off curls and moving and Bogans did a fantastic job annoying Roy all night.

Fun game to watch, especially since Rose had no shot all night.

Note: Officiating was freaking terrible. In fact, the refs were the only thing that prevented that from being one of the funnest games I've seen in a long time (just fantastic ball movement on offense and a beautiful up-tempo game). I really really buy into Thibbs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 07:33 AM)
What a mighty performance by the Bulls.

Incredible shooting night by Deng. Thing is...at least from what I saw, a whole lot of his looks were created by the DR1, who had a career high in assists, and by Deng actually moving around, rather than standing around near the 3 point line like he did in previous offensive incarnations. I wonder if that isn't the rule; if Deng moves, he'll have a good game, if he stands around he's ineffective.

DR1 has really, really stepped up his passing game. There were a few times on the break that he dumped off to feed Deng or one of the big guys, where in previous years he'd have just taken the contested shot. The ball movement right now is so much more effective than it was.

Another solid performance off the bench by Asik.

I couldn't really watch the whole game...not because there was other stuff on, but because there were SO many fouls called it made no sense to continue watching. Ugh. Made defense on Aldridge impossible, but the Bulls made up for that on the perimeter.

Boozer supposed to have his cast removed today.

It wasnt only Rose seeing the open man, but his passes we spot on. He had one play where he was driving down the middle and shot a two handed over the head pass to Deng right into his triple threat position. It allowed Deng to step into the shot and he hit a three. Rose was putting the passes there all night.

Not much more can be said about the state of the Bulls right now. With a competent coach and Derrick Rose "arriving", the sky is the limit for this roster offensively. It will take Boozer awhile to get back in playing shape, but I can only imagine how he and Noah will be next to one another... it's the perfect pairing.

An interesting/good problem the Bulls are going to have later in the season is how Thibs is going to cut down the rotation a little bit. It's nice having all these options but when Boozer comes back we're literally going to have 11 guys fighting for legit playing time and while that's certainly not a bad problem to have, an 11 man rotation is way too much.

Besides that though, I really do love the way this team looks. High expectations from me for these guys.