2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
deng took a kick to the head there.....ouch

I was worried for a second when I saw him laying there. Until I saw the replay.

Edited by kjshoe04

lol Delonte, you dirty dog. Tried to steal it from Watson while he was running the clock down.

Bulls made a statement tonight. Boston looked like absolute crap.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Celtics were frustrated. Tried to get more physical and it didn't work.

Kurt Thomas and Keith Bogans really pissed them off. Thomas should be a big factor come playoff time. He's a dirty player that'll annoy the hell out of the other team on defense. He was very effective tonight on that end tonight.

It didnt seem like the crowd was loud at all today considering how important this game was. I know it was kind of a blowout in the end but I would expect more. Great game anyway!

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)
Kurt Thomas and Keith Bogans really pissed them off. Thomas should be a big factor come playoff time. He's a dirty player that'll annoy the hell out of the other team on defense. He was very effective tonight on that end tonight.

Absolutely. Bogans played a very nice game tonight, made a couple 3's and annoyed the hell out of Ray Allen.

The only thing that is worries me a tad about this Bulls team in the playoffs is that it's pretty clear that Boozer is going to have a hard time scoring against some of the longer defenders down low. Now, this should really only come into play against Boston or LA if we meet up with them but it's something to look at for sure.

Boston does not scare me at all. In order of scariness for the Bulls in the playoffs:

1. Heat

2. Magic

3. Boston

And Bulls get a break (even though the No. 1 in the East will be clinched tomorrow), no Dwight. Still hoping to get the No. 1 overall seed.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
Boston does not scare me at all. In order of scariness for the Bulls in the playoffs:

1. Heat

2. Magic

3. Boston

And Bulls get a break (even though the No. 1 in the East will be clinched tomorrow), no Dwight. Still hoping to get the No. 1 overall seed.

I don't know if you can judge the Celtics on their regular season play anymore, even though this team has looked terrible since the Perkins trade. Orlando doesn't really scare me more than Boston.

CoachThibzJoker.gif

lol Joker-esque alright.

the rate that DRose takes and makes FT is quite scary right now. At this rate, he can get to the line 10 times next season and hit 90% of them.

This only thing that worries me now if Noah, he hasn't really mash well with Boozer since his return from the thumb injury. I would like to see him get more playing time in the near future.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
It didnt seem like the crowd was loud at all today considering how important this game was. I know it was kind of a blowout in the end but I would expect more. Great game anyway!

The game wasn't really that important.

Rondo cannot shoot AT ALL. That wide open shot he took that hit the lower edge of the backboard was just f***ing funny.

I heard the announcers talking about how point guards can't stop Rose but that Rondo is one of those that can slow Rose down. LOL. When has Rondo ever stopped Rose? He can't do it. Rondo is Rose's b****. Seriously. Rose regularly dominates him.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:44 PM)
Rondo cannot shoot AT ALL. That wide open shot he took that hit the lower edge of the backboard was just f***ing funny.

I heard the announcers talking about how point guards can't stop Rose but that Rondo is one of those that can slow Rose down. LOL. When has Rondo ever stopped Rose? He can't do it. Rondo is Rose's b****. Seriously. Rose regularly dominates him.

The last time Rondo put up good numbers against Rose was probably in the 09 playoffs. He was a monster that series.

Rondo is heavily overrated. He is a "true" point guard, but he severely lacks any sort of consistent offensive game. The only thing he can do is drive since he's very fast, but even then, he's not a great finisher. To put the icing on the cake, he also sucks at FTs.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 12:36 AM)
I can't say enough about how good Luol Deng has been this season. He gets overshadowed by Rose, but he's been excellent. To Luol :cheers

Second best player on the team. He's been so durable this year, despite getting nicked up here and there.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 06:37 PM)
The last time Rondo put up good numbers against Rose was probably in the 09 playoffs. He was a monster that series.

Rondo is heavily overrated. He is a "true" point guard, but he severely lacks any sort of consistent offensive game. The only thing he can do is drive since he's very fast, but even then, he's not a great finisher. To put the icing on the cake, he also sucks at FTs.

"Derrick Rose has gotten the better of Rajon Rondo this year when the two have guarded each other. In four games, Rose has averaged over 14 PPG while shooting 46 percent from the field when guarded by Rondo. On the other end of the floor, Rose has effectively shut down Rondo, holding him to just 4 PPG on 36 percent shooting."

I hope Rose can average about 8.8 apg over the last 4 games to get to 8 assists for the year. I know he doesn't care for stats, but he would only become the 5th player in NBA History to average 25-4-8 in a season. The other four... Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West and LeBron James.

Oh, and looks like Ricky Rubio will be in Minnesota next season.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 10:37 PM)
I hope Rose can average about 8.8 apg over the last 4 games to get to 8 assists for the year. I know he doesn't care for stats, but he would only become the 5th player in NBA History to average 25-4-8 in a season. The other four... Michael Jordan, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West and LeBron James.

Oh, and looks like Ricky Rubio will be in Minnesota next season.

I wonder what Minny's asking price for Johnny Flynn would be if that does indeed happen.

Teams that need a young PG, could get him for a future 1st rounder maybe?

That's something I hope Orlando would consider for instance (considering Nelson's almost 30, Arenas is much better as a 2 guard at this point as his game in Charlotte showed).