2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
Why is it some severe insult for Rose to be compared to Iverson? Iverson was a hell of a f***ing player. A little inefficient offensively, sure, but guess what? So is Rose.

Nothing he said in that clip was overtly wrong, unless you're getting pissy about his opinion that Rose won't win 6 titles, in which case you need to wake up and smell the roses.

My beef with that comparison is that it's not the first time Cowherd has compared DR1 with AI, and it's always in a negative way like saying DR1 didn't want LeBron (which is false).Cowherd claims that DR1 is AI because he wants his own fame and doesn't care about winning titles and anyone that knows Rose knows that he wants to win above all else, DR1 is NOT a selfish player, that's my beef with that comparison...this is from Cowherd.

• Nobody says Rose isnt star. NBA has dozens of those. he” ll just never be lebron or wade (Miami Heats Dwyane Wade), howard. Everybody in league wants to play w them
  • thats it. Rose wants his OWN fame. the ‘GET IT’ guys like lebron, wade. kobe (Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant), K.G. (Boston Celtics Kevin Garnett) want rings. Iverson wanted own fame 2
And no, I don't think Rose will win 6 titles...I'm hoping for 1 or maybe 2 because I know winning 6 titles like MJ did was something really special.

BTW, why does Cownerd include LBJ as a GET IT guy when he hasn't won anything?Last time I checked he hadn't won a title...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh my god, this media member who likes to sensationalize things said that a small point guard who shoots too much is just like this HOF caliber other point guard that shot too much! But the first one isn't selfish at all, all of the numbers just disagree because stats are stupid!"

That's basically all I'm hearing. Look at the numbers, the comparison to AI (on the court) is a fair one, and one that Bulls fans should LOVE to see. AI was a hell of a player, someone that you should hope Rose can be as good as.

The point about wanting his own fame is something that wasn't in that video you posted, and I don't really have an opinion on it one way or another.

Also, before people start b****ing about Laimbeer's comments about Rose and Jordan, he said nothing wrong. The comment saying he "didn't care about either of them" isn't great, but what do you expect from a former Piston during that time? The rest of the quote in these articles wasn't wrong in the least, and wasn't really critical of Rose.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 30, 2011 -> 04:36 PM)
"Oh my god, this media member who likes to sensationalize things said that a small point guard who shoots too much is just like this HOF caliber other point guard that shot too much! But the first one isn't selfish at all, all of the numbers just disagree because stats are stupid!"

That's basically all I'm hearing. Look at the numbers, the comparison to AI (on the court) is a fair one, and one that Bulls fans should LOVE to see. AI was a hell of a player, someone that you should hope Rose can be as good as.

The point about wanting his own fame is something that wasn't in that video you posted, and I don't really have an opinion on it one way or another.

Also, before people start b****ing about Laimbeer's comments about Rose and Jordan, he said nothing wrong. The comment saying he "didn't care about either of them" isn't great, but what do you expect from a former Piston during that time? The rest of the quote in these articles wasn't wrong in the least, and wasn't really critical of Rose.

lol, I couldn't care less what that asshole thinks of either Jordan or Rose...he's still bitter about that 4-0 sweep to end their championship run so f*** him.

I think people's perception of AI comes from the fact that he was in trouble off the court and then of course there was the infamous "practice" press conference (everyone's takeaway from that was that he didn't give a s*** about practicing, but that's not what he was actually saying at all, he was telling them they were blowing s*** out of proportion). Yes, he was a ball hog, but as someone else pointed out, he was the best player on the team, BY FAR, and he nearly took that Sixers team to the promised land virtually by himself. When he played for the USA team he was dedicated and hardworking then, too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
No double-double and we didn't even have Joakim. He did come up with 0 steals, 0 assists, and 0 blocks though, so at least there's that.

I finally paid attention to the kid last night, and all I have to say is

Dennis.Rodman.

This kid has zero offensive game. He is an incredible rebounder and hustle guy, and pretty much nothing else. Its pretty bad when the TWolves won't even run a play for you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)

Dennis.Rodman.

This kid has zero offensive game. He is an incredible rebounder and hustle guy, and pretty much nothing else. Its pretty bad when the TWolves won't even run a play for you.

Well that's just really false.

LeBron James says Derrick Rose is 'MVP'.

"I think [it's] Derrick Rose," James said before the Heat's game Wednesday night against the Washington Wizards. "What he's done for that team, with all the injuries they have and them being first in the Eastern Conference -- they're playing some really good basketball."

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 08:20 AM)

Dennis.Rodman.

Cmon now, that's an awful comparison. Love averages 20 points a game and shoots the 3 at a 40 percent clip. He's also a below average defender where as Rodman is one of the best ever. The only thing those two have in common is that they are/were terrific rebounders, besides that they are nothing alike as basketball players.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)

Dennis.Rodman.

Yes, one of the most efficient offensive players in the league right now has no offensive game. Good call.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
I have seen one half of Timberwolf basketball this season and all I can say is that it is easy to get 20 points and 20 rebounds when nobody on your team is looking to do anything out there except wander around aimlessly.

Well, the rebounds I can definitely see that case. No one has interest in being in the paint at all. Love gets them by default.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
Yes, one of the most efficient offensive players in the league right now has no offensive game. Good call.

Joakim Noah's pretty efficient, but I wouldn't say he has much of an offensive game.

But you're right, Love's a great offensive player.

I found it interesting how Boozer was better last night with no Noah. I really think it's a product of those two not getting a ton of practice time together early in the season. I think next year they will really start to gel. Best thing about both is that they are really good passers for big guys, and once they get into a rhythm together, I think there will be some great interior passing between them.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
I found it interesting how Boozer was better last night with no Noah. I really think it's a product of those two not getting a ton of practice time together early in the season. I think next year they will really start to gel. Best thing about both is that they are really good passers for big guys, and once they get into a rhythm together, I think there will be some great interior passing between them.

Playing the Timberwolves has a lot to do with that as well.