5 years ago today - 10/26/05

Rowand44

5 years ago today the Chicago White Sox ended a 87-year World Series drought. The White Sox defeated the Astros 1-0, in what was a 4-game sweep, and completed one of the most dominating post-season runs ever as the Sox went 11-1, lead by historic pitching performances. Don't Stop Believing!!

:headbang

Feel free in join me and my friends as making the picture below our Facebook default for today....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_yKSo5xPjLpM/TBgs...phy-Posters.jpg

Edited by knightni

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
I could name every person in that dorm room with me, the first person I hugged and the exact phone call to my dad.

I want more championships. The future is somewhat bleek.... :unsure:

No it isn't. Well, I don't think so. The future looks bleaker (is that a word?) for our crosstown rivals on the north side.

Sure, things aren't perfect, and we have a lot of holes and work to do in the off season. But I wouldn't say things are BLEAK. We won 88 games last year with out our ace and without a DH. There's a good chance that things could fall into place next year, and we could have something special again.

I mean, who predicted what happened in 2005 before it happened?

QUOTE (CaptainKonerko @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
It was early this morning on ESPN Classic, i woke up at 6 to a tornado warning and once it passed, started flipping through channels and watched the game from the fifth inning. I'll never get bored when it comes to re-watching that series

My girlfriend bought me the entire 2005 World Series on DVD a few years ago. It is the best gift I've ever gotten in my adult life. It's unbelieveable how much mileage I get out of those DVDs.

Man, I want the Sox to be good like that again.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
No it isn't. Well, I don't think so. The future looks bleaker (is that a word?) for our crosstown rivals on the north side.

Sure, things aren't perfect, and we have a lot of holes and work to do in the off season. But I wouldn't say things are BLEAK. We won 88 games last year with out our ace and without a DH. There's a good chance that things could fall into place next year, and we could have something special again.

That's like saying a 99-year-old man with pancreatic cancer has a bleaker future than you. Not saying much.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)

Sox need to fix the schzophrenic nature of the team. Can't hit .150 the first six weeks. Can't have bullpen-s***tiness the second half of the season. Can't have starters be ultra studly for a stretch, then s***.

Cut the shizo, Ozzie. Let's settle down.

88 wins is damn good. Sometimes I wonder how the frick we won that many with that team.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 02:55 AM)
In a second I would take the Cub roster and farm system over ours right now.

Their 25 man roster? Yikes, absolutely not. I would easily take their farm system over ours, since ours is one of the worst in baseball. That's why the future is pretty bleak to me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
Sox need to fix the schzophrenic nature of the team. Can't hit .150 the first six weeks. Can't have bullpen-s***tiness the second half of the season. Can't have starters be ultra studly for a stretch, then s***.

Cut the shizo, Ozzie. Let's settle down.

88 wins is damn good. Sometimes I wonder how the frick we won that many with that team.

That sounds great, but I am guessing every single team in baseball does that over a 162 game stretch. No team has perfectly semetrical seasons. For every hot streak, there is going to be a slow streak.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
That sounds great, but I am guessing every single team in baseball does that over a 162 game stretch. No team has perfectly semetrical seasons. For every hot streak, there is going to be a slow streak.

True. I don't follow the other teams as closely as the Sox.

But don't you agree our team plays wildly extremist baseball. We were either unstoppable or putrid.

I don't really think the last 11 games matter much. We were out of it and for some reason ended 9-2.