Official 2011-2012 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 07:43 PM)
Yet he's still allowed to coach. Something is so f***ing wrong with that.

The good news is he wont last long at USC.

No, he definitely won't last long there. What's sad is that behind all his bullcrap, there's actually a pretty smart coach with a good offensive mind (The fact that he made Jonathan Crompton into a draft pick still amazes me).

Crompton's stats:

2008 (Fulmer) - 8 games: 51.5% completion, 889 yards, 5 TD/4 INT (benched half-way through season)

2009 (Kiffin) - 13 games: 58.3% completion, 2800 yards, 27 TD/13 INT

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
Even with you guys, ESPN has covered the Bruce Pearl aspect of the case so much, but not said much about Lane Kiffin. If it's SEC football, they'll defend it.

With that said, I think you'll come out ok in football. Kiffin wasn't there long enough to do stuff TOO terrible.

Oh, I don't know about that, haha...

But in regards to your first statement, that's a good point. Pearl did get most of the coverage on ESPN even though Kiffin (probably) did worse things. I won't deny that certain institutions seem to turn a blind eye towards the SEC regarding football (e.g. NO ONE is mentioning Trent Richardson owning a new 2011 Yukon worth ~$45,000 even though his family is not "well off"). But, yes, I do think that we should come out okay. At least this violation for paying for Lache Seastrunk's unofficial visit involves a coach and player that are not apart of the program.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)

But in regards to your first statement, that's a good point. Pearl did get most of the coverage on ESPN even though Kiffin (probably) did worse things. I won't deny that certain institutions seem to turn a blind eye towards the SEC regarding football (e.g. NO ONE is mentioning Trent Richardson owning a new 2011 Yukon worth ~$45,000 even though his family is not "well off"). But, yes, I do think that we should come out okay. At least this violation for paying for Lache Seastrunk's unofficial visit involves a coach and player that are not apart of the program.

Correction, has owned 2 cars, and a brand new house.

Some of you may have read this in the Catch-All, but a kid (20 yrs old) from my high school died this past week in a car accident on the way to class, and he was on the Michigan Marching Band. Today, the marching bands of MSU, OSU, and Eastern Mich (only about 15 minutes from UMich), sent tokens of support to the Michigan Marching Bands, while all Big Ten schools sent a rose.

This is a picture of all 11 roses where the kid usually stood while in the "M" formation:

320619_1565067207068_1247011202_31550769

Class act by the local schools and by the Big Ten, especially for a kid who by all accounts was a great guy.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
In the ever fun rumor world, BYU supposedly decided tonight to join the Big 12 and will announce on Friday.

That would be what keeps them together. They replace A&M, probably an improvement really, keeping them at 10 teams. Then they go find two more schools, I'd guess.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)

Let's be honest though...I've been in both SoCal and Knoxville, and when I was in California, I think it was just sorta accepted that SC was probably dirty as Hell but it was a fun ride so no one cared.

I can't imagine that anyone hiring a coach who had grown up in the USC program was expecting anything different than that.

Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart says the Southeastern Conference will expand again and officials at each school need to have a number of frank discussions before moving forward.

The addition of Texas A&M as the SEC's 13th team was a good one, Hart said, but the league's leaders must take their next steps deliberately.

"I think a lot of the conversation is just where we go from here, obviously, because at some point 13 will not be the number," Hart told The Associated Press. "There are a multitude of components to this that we have yet to really delve into. We will do that in relatively short order, but it's very complex in nature."

Link

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
In the ever fun rumor world, BYU supposedly decided tonight to join the Big 12 and will announce on Friday.

If the Mormons are in, I'd say it's a good time for Missouri to already be gone. C'mon, make a move happen.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
If the Mormons are in, I'd say it's a good time for Missouri to already be gone. C'mon, make a move happen.

Dodds wants to add SMU, Rice, and Houston. 3 more in-state schools that would be his b****es. Ugh. If Mizzou has a legit SEC offer, you guys would be insane not to go.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
Dodds wants to add SMU, Rice, and Houston. 3 more in-state schools that would be his b****es. Ugh. If Mizzou has a legit SEC offer, you guys would be insane not to go.

Just curious, is there any legitimate talk about trying to get TCU to switch to the Big 12? That would make WAY more sense to me.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)

I don't think there's any question about that. If the conference remakes the SWC, all the more reason for the former Big 12 North schools to bolt. Unfortunately, not all of them can leave. I'm not even sure if Mizzou will leave. Part of me thinks that the only reason Mizzou hasn't bolted already is that they are waiting on the expansion choices. If it's all Texas schools it should make every non-Texas school incredibly weary. If it's a mix of BYU, Louisville, West Virginia, whatever, then maybe the league is sustainable.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
Just curious, is there any legitimate talk about trying to get TCU to switch to the Big 12? That would make WAY more sense to me.

There are contradicting reports out there. Texas apparently is not interested in adding TCU because Texas wants the DFW market for themselves. Other reports from yesterday were indicating BYU and TCU were the most likely choices. A potential huge issue for TCU is the same Big East conference exit rule that is keeping Syracuse and Pitt from going to the ACC for 27 months.

The 6 potential teams I have heard are BYU, TCU, Louisville, West Virginia, Boise State, and Cincinnati. However, unless enough teams leave to dissolve Big East rules, then it's a moot point for 27 months for the Big East potential teams.

My preference in order would be...

Louisville

West Virginia

BYU

Cincinnati

TCU

Boise State

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
There are contradicting reports out there. Texas apparently is not interested in adding TCU because Texas wants the DFW market for themselves. Other reports from yesterday were indicating BYU and TCU were the most likely choices. A potential huge issue for TCU is the same Big East conference exit rule that is keeping Syracuse and Pitt from going to the ACC for 27 months.

The 6 potential teams I have heard are BYU, TCU, Louisville, West Virginia, Boise State, and Cincinnati. However, unless enough teams leave to dissolve Big East rules, then it's a moot point for 27 months for the Big East potential teams.

My preference in order would be...

Louisville

West Virginia

BYU

Cincinnati

TCU

Boise State

Those would likely be their top 6 choices.

If expansion to 10: BYU

12: BYU, Louisville, WVU (may not be able to get, so replace with Cinci/TCU)

14: BYU, Louisville, WVU, Cincy, TCU

Someone needs to tell Brian Kelly that when you play in a major conference and face no less than three ranked conference foes, a September game against an independent, unranked, .500 football team is hardly any team's "Super Bowl," let alone "the biggest game on their schedule." And people wonder why ND Nation is often criticized as arrogant.

http://www.ndsmcobserver.com/sports/irish-...-bowl-1.2621050