2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ May 15, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
Does every player get tested? I thought it was random.

http://mlbplayers.mlb.com/pa/pdf/jda.pdf

Each Player shall be tested within five days of reporting to spring training.

All Players will be selected for an additional unannounced test on a randomly selected date.

And, in addition to these, 1200 more random tests are done. Then there is also a board which may declare a specific test is in order which does not count to any of the above numbers.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Well since they do test now, he isn't unless there's something he's taking that isn't showing up yet. And BTW, I believe he's clean too and agree with wite about his mechanical adjustment.

The "something that doesn't show up yet" would be HGH, unless there is a newer designer drug that no one knows about yet. Also the timing of this is kind of perfect, but here is a study from baseballreference.com that gives players who had their first 40 HR season after age 28. The top of the list reads like a who's who of the juice party

http://www.baseball-reference.com/blog/archives/11082

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 15, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Well since they do test now, he isn't unless there's something he's taking that isn't showing up yet. And BTW, I believe he's clean too and agree with wite about his mechanical adjustment.

It's possible that it was simply a mechanical adjustment, but there's no way I can believe it all things considered. It's just too much of a dramatic increase at such an older age, that it's so hard to believe he's clean, especially after what we saw in the last 15 years.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 16, 2011 -> 05:49 PM)
Probably nothing this time. It's just an automatic reaction when a young pitcher under his control has an arm injury.

I didn't think so considering he's been in the pen, but I figured there might have been soemthing I didn't know about.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
Michael Pineda is making a believer of J4L. See the benefits of identifying and then signing legitimate talent from Latin America? The Mariners might in time have the best 1-2 combo in the majors and didn't need a draft pick.

He's just now making a believer out of you? That kid is freakin loaded with talent.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
Pineda with 6 swinging Ks. And this Twins team is terrible. Figures the year they fall off the map is the same year we have our worst year since '07.

They are not healthy, but no, they don't look good at all. Really makes you wonder how they won the division 6 of the last 9 years.

I'm still waiting for them to get healthy and turn it around. When healthy, they are a good team, but the team they are fielding now is legitimately THAT bad.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
lol@Jose Bautista's .500 ISO, .572 wOBA and 4.0 WAR. He's been the complete opposite of Juan Pierre, Brent Morel, Adam Dunn, Alex Rios, Mark Teahen, f*** it, any White Sox player not named Paul Konerko.

He is amazing

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
lol@Jose Bautista's .500 ISO, .572 wOBA and 4.0 WAR. He's been the complete opposite of Juan Pierre, Brent Morel, Adam Dunn, Alex Rios, Mark Teahen, f*** it, any White Sox player not named Paul Konerko.

He has 4 WAR already? Holy s***.