Milledge DFA

justBLAZE

The fact the Milledge made a couple errors in the field that cost us some runs in yesterday game shows that he can not play the field. Our lineup is fine, we need someone that can catch the ball and not make dumb little league errors

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f***ing stupid decision. For all of you b****ing about Millidge's defense, just wait until you get watch Lillibridge start in LF/RF once or twice a week now. His lack of offense will make Mark Kotsay's time at DH pale in comparison. That's the problem with this move. He's now our primary right-handed hitting reserve and will sneak his way into the lineup way too often and will actually be used as a pinch hitter, even though he can't hit.

I don't care what what anyone tells me, but if you use Lillibridge for anything more than a pinch runner, late game defensive replacement (due to his versatility), and a once in a great while backup SS/2B/CF, it's going to cost us games over the long-run and our team isn't strong enough to be throwing away games.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Keeping the faith is basically a Cubs mentality. I need to see the play on the field and the correct decisions made by the front office and managing staff.

This is the strongest White Sox roster I have seen in a very long time. We are 5 games into the season and haven't played a home game. The team is first in baseball in runs scored and runs per game with 40 and 8.0, respectively. Why on Earth would you have you given up on the roster already?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
There could be another story behind this, but who knows. All I know is that it's another blow to my already waning faith in the 2011 team.

If the roster decision on the 4th/5th OF makes you lose faith in the rest of the roster's chance to win 2011, then you probably didn't think that much of the team in the first place.

f***ing stupid decision. For all of you b****ing about Millidge's defense, just wait until you get watch Lillibridge start in LF/RF once or twice a week now. His lack of offense will make Mark Kotsay's time at DH pale in comparison. That's the problem with this move. He's now our primary right-handed hitting reserve and will sneak his way into the lineup way too often and will actually be used as a pinch hitter, even though he can't hit.

I don't care what what anyone tells me, but if you use Lillibridge for anything more than a pinch runner, late game defensive replacement (due to his versatility), and a once in a great while backup SS/2B/CF, it's going to cost us games over the long-run and our team isn't strong enough to be throwing away games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
This is the strongest White Sox roster I have seen in a very long time. We are 5 games into the season and haven't played a home game. The team is first in baseball in runs scored and runs per game with 40 and 8.0, respectively. Why on Earth would you have you given up on the roster already?

And where are they in pitching?

Again, I haven't "given up" based on anything, let alone a single roster move. My faith is just slowly going downhill.

Besides, if it's too early to start losing faith in the team, why is it acceptable to dump Milledge after 2 games?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)

Again, I haven't "given up" based on anything, let alone a single roster move. My faith is just slowly going downhill.

Besides, if it's too early to start losing faith in the team, why is it acceptable to dump Milledge after 2 games?

Because they need to bring up a pitcher? And if he wouldn't have gone this week, it would've been next week when JP comes up.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)

Ok, how about this. The great Twins you love to fellate are -14 in run differential already while the White Sox are +6.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
I haven't had a change to watch any of the games this year, but from what i've read he hasn't exactly looked sharp in the field. Anyone have any specifics to share?

From what I've seen, he dropped a ball while running to the wall (not the easiest of catches, but should have been made), and then he broke in on a ball that ended up going over his mitt to the wall. So by my count, he made 2 mistakes, neither of which were as bad as Teahen's pop fly drop yesterday.

Basically, he is still probably better than Quentin in the OF.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
I haven't had a change to watch any of the games this year, but from what i've read he hasn't exactly looked sharp in the field. Anyone have any specifics to share?

He sucks in the field, period. He's going to hit though, I'm pretty confident in that, he has a nice approach at the plate.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
From what I've seen, he dropped a ball while running to the wall (not the easiest of catches, but should have been made), and then he broke in on a ball that ended up going over his mitt to the wall. So by my count, he made 2 mistakes, neither of which were as bad as Teahen's pop fly drop yesterday.

He was running TOWARDS the wall, not running into the wall. He had plenty of space between him and the wall, I dont think he even was on the track yet

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)

He's literally gotten a bad jump on every ball that has been hit to him in the of so far, he's really f***in bad out there.

On a side note, besides the fact that Q isn't going to throw anyone out from rf, he's actually be solid out there so far.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
I said "to", not "into".

I just reread that, sorry. But still, it was a catch he should have made, he didnt look the ball into his mitt. It was equally as bad as Teahens drop. The difference is that Teahen is signed for another year

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:45 AM)
I just reread that, sorry. But still, it was a catch he should have made, he didnt look the ball into his mitt. It was equally as bad as Teahens drop. The difference is that Teahen is signed for another year

That and Teahen plays 1b and 3B, at least on paper.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
He's literally gotten a bad jump on every ball that has been hit to him in the of so far, he's really f***in bad out there.

On a side note, besides the fact that Q isn't going to throw anyone out from rf, he's actually be solid out there so far.

He hasn't had many challenging plays. But for the first time in a couple of years, I don't feel that he's a complete liability out there.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)

And again, I said it was a catch he should have made. lol.

But still, I don't see how that can be as bad as Teahen's. Teahen's was a pop fly that he was sitting under, flat footed, and facing the infield. Milledge was going towards the wall, it was over the shoulder, and he as on the run/jog. Teahen's was completely inexcusable. Milledge's was just bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
simma down nah, y'all hear?

Its Lastings Milledge, this guy couldnt play for the Nationals or Pirates last year either.

That about sums it up. I can't see him getting claimed. He will be down in Charlotte in no time.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)

After 2 games we are going to make that call that Milledge is "really f***ing bad out there", and say the 2nd worst fielder in all the majors last year (Quentin), could actually be better out there? Give me a break. I saw enough of Milledge in spring training to know he is better than the 2 games he has played out there.