GAME THREAD: Orioles @ Sox, 4/29, 7:10pm

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually thinking about going out to the yard tonight.

Off topic, but what do you guys do with all of your old ticket stubs? Do you keep them? I did some spring cleaning and I collected a bunch of them and was thinking I should throw them out. The only one I was interested in saving was the one from the Blackout game.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)

Off topic, but what do you guys do with all of your old ticket stubs? Do you keep them? I did some spring cleaning and I collected a bunch of them and was thinking I should throw them out. The only one I was interested in saving was the one from the Blackout game.

I have a shoebox I have been throwing them in for as long as I can remember.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)

I knew someone who put all of his stubs on his desk at home and then fit a glass panel to go above the desk, so it was like the stubs were put into the desk. It looked awesome - he had stubs from the 70s

I've been doing this

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 10:42 AM)
I have a shoebox I have been throwing them in for as long as I can remember.

So I can do something like this.

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
I knew someone who put all of his stubs on his desk at home and then fit a glass panel to go above the desk, so it was like the stubs were put into the desk. It looked awesome - he had stubs from the 70s

I'll be out at the ballpark tonight, here's hoping to pull my attendance record over .500!

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)

Sweet. Now I gotta go dig all of my ticket stubs out of my recycle bin at home.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)
That'll turn things around! Yeah! Boooo!

With current ticket and parking prices, the payroll, and the way they're playing...I'd have no problem booing if they started out poorly again.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 05:40 PM)
With current ticket and parking prices, the payroll, and the way they're playing...I'd have no problem booing if they started out poorly again.

Oh yes, they'll boo them off the field if they lose again tonight.

I just wish the team would abide by the cliche and take them one game at a time.

It seems like we just go out and lose, lose, lose and drop games in bunches.

What are we, eight out? This is getting so ugly so early. I don't care if it's Cleveland.

We fall 10 back heading into that 9 game road trip? The season will be over in mid May.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 01:30 PM)

I just wish the team would abide by the cliche and take them one game at a time.

What are we, eight out? This is getting so ugly so early. I don't care if it's Cleveland.

We fall 10 back heading into that 9 game road trip? The season will be over in mid May.

FAIL. It's the A.L. Central. Unless of course we put our tail between our legs ala the '03 Tigers. Man that's an ugly record.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/#20030928

We were 9.5 back in June last season and manged to crawl back in first place.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)

Boo away. Just don't expect it to help the team play better.

You're counting games back in April? Seriously?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 02:53 PM)
Boo away. Just don't expect it to help the team play better.

They played about as awful as humanely possible with no one booing them in these last 11 games on the road. I don't think me booing them will have any affect whatsoever but you can convince yourself that if you like.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
They played about as awful as humanely possible with no one booing them in these last 11 games on the road. I don't think me booing them will have any affect whatsoever but you can convince yourself that if you like.

So what is the point then?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
So what is the point then?

I don't know. Ask him since he thinks it will make them play worse.

I doubt the players would even notice if all 4K fans booed simultaneously tonight.